Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk App keeps saying Logon timed out

Re: Netgear Nighthawk App keeps saying Logon timed out

@nickyd62 wrote:

The "Logon timed out.." issue started a long time ago on the Android app I had downloaded from the Google Play store.

That's the bug that got fixed in the previous release, the one that added a new problem to the iOS version.

Samsung has added its own problem by joining Apple in using random MAC addresses in newer models. But that is a different issue.

Message 26 of 28
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this work? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

FYI about Apple devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

@nickyd62 wrote:

The frustrating part is it's not only on the iPhone version of the Nighthawk app. I recently (up until early November) has a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and always kept my apps updated. The "Logon timed out.." issue started a long time ago on the Android app I had downloaded from the Google Play store. I have now switched to an iPhone 14 Pro Max and (mistakenly) assumed that it was an issue with the Android version of the Nighthawk app... sadly that's not the case. I'm getting the same Logon timed out message on the iPhone app I just downloaded (v2.21.1.354). My router is the R6400v2 with newly downloaded Firmware Version V1.0.4.128_10.0.104. I've done all the restarts, password updates, software downloads, etc., but nothing works.

I appreciate the community members who remind us that we can log into router using a browser (which I can), but the point is both the Android and iPhone apps are broken - for a long time now - and Netgear doesn't care enough to fix it. That's enough to make me consider another brand since I'm due for a modem and router upgrade.

Message 27 of 28
spollard101
Tutor

Hello all,

I appreciate everyone's input on this matter. My only solution was to factory reset the router, uninstall the app on my phone, and then it would work - sorta. However, I have since gotten rid of this router but hope everyone else is doing well 

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7