Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk App on iPhone Device Manager is NOT working

AmesKay2021
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk App on iPhone Device Manager is NOT working

Hello

Issues

#1. Device Manager device status does not sync with what I see on the log in page on my computer

• I click one of the devices to "pauce" on my app (on my iPhone), the webpage on the computer still shows "allowed" and the device still have access to the Internet
  • Not consistent - Sometimes it works. I can pause another wifi device (e.g. iPad), but not the wired connected device

#2. I cannot pauce a wired connected device via the app on my iphone (via webpage on computer is o.k., but the status does not synch with what it shows on my iphone app)

Router/Hardware Information

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6

AX6 AX5200 6-Stream Wifi Router Model: RAX48

Firmware: V1.0.2.82_2.0.50

Netgear Nighthawlk App Information

• iPhone with iOS 14.8
  • Netgear Nighthawk app (version 1.12.0.22)

Troubleshooting Tried

1. Rebooted the router

2. Uninstalled the application on my iphone and reinstalled after a cold boot

3. Look for any firmware update (which shows none available - I am up-to-date)

The bottom line is that I need to control the device access on my iPhone app for ALL the allowed devices, including the wifi conntected and wired connected

I believe that the status information should match with what I have on my iPhone app and when I log into the router via my computer. 

I looked around the community FAQs, but I didn't really find the solution for this issue.

Could you please recommend what I can do next to resolve this? 

Thank you very much

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AmesKay

We are aware of the issues with the device manager in the app and are working to fix this issue. You should be able to control the device manager via www.routerlogin.net until we are able to fix the issue.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
bulldog00
Apprentice

Why not allow us to downgrade the firmware? There were not issues with the previous firmware available. I can manually downgrade, but it seems Netgear forces updates and there is no way to disable auto update with the MR80 router. 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

So you can't disable auto updates on MK systems? Nothing under Admin/Firmware updates? 

Do you have a router in front of the MK system by chance? 

@bulldog00 wrote:

Why not allow us to downgrade the firmware? There were not issues with the previous firmware available. I can manually downgrade, but it seems Netgear forces updates and there is no way to disable auto update with the MR80 router. 

Message 4 of 7
bulldog00
Apprentice

Nope no option to disable auto updates in the MK series (no options in admin-firmware update). No router in front of the MR83 either.
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, well, I would make contact with NG support or a forum moderator and let them know what your seeing. 

@DarrenM 

@bulldog00 wrote:
Nope no option to disable auto updates in the MK series (no options in admin-firmware update). No router in front of the MR83 either.

Message 6 of 7
bulldog00
Apprentice

@DarrenM Is there an update to this issue? Or similary as to why on the MR80 we cannot turn off auto updates?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7