Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6260 not showing connected device on the app

Phainax
Aspirant

Netgear R6260 not showing connected device on the app

I use the app to turn of my son's PC at night so he's not up all night when he has school the next morning. Recently I will turn off the device and then he still manages to get onto the internet the next day without me turning it back on and his PC doesn't show up in the list. This means I can't then turn it off the next night. I've attached a photo of the devices that are connected right now and his PC isn't listed and hasn't been for days but he's been online the whole time... I have tried logging into the app from my network and remote access and same problem with both. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no change.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear R6260 not showing connected device on the app

kids are sneaky

what modem/gateway do you have? 

does your kid have a phone that they could hotspot?

Message 2 of 4
Phainax
Aspirant

He does have a mobile and I have been wondering whether he's used tethering to create a hotspot - is there any way I can stop him being about to do that while still allowing his phone to be connected to the router? Googling has not helped me on that one...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Remove or disable the hot spot feature. I know for iphones or ATT, you have to buy the service. Not sure about android devices...Might look up information if there is a way to disable hotspot or remove it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7