Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R7500- Genie Win app no longer disconnects devices from genie. Option is gone??

preciousk
Aspirant

Netgear R7500- Genie Win app no longer disconnects devices from genie. Option is gone??

I first purchased the nighthawk to give me the options to disconnect a device right through the Windows Genie app by simply by right clicking and shutting it off. It was a very important feature for ease.  I wanted this for the Kids or anyone that maybe doing something they should not or quickly disconnect guests. There used to be an option on the lower left hand corner of the Genie that would had a aquare that you could check to give that option, it is gone! I am unable to click on a device and have the option to disconnect.  I reinstalled the software to guess a newer version Genie Desktop Version 2.4.46 / 2.4.26 but it still was not there so I uninstalled and found what I think was the original version 2.4.38 tjhat I stored on my pc but it still is not there. Now the old version is asking to update to new verison. I am not sure what happened? It was there and then it was not.

It has just disapeared totally.

Desperate here...........If anyone can help me resolve this, I would really appreciate it. I know it can be done in the netgear itself but it becomes a chore to do and undo. 

Thank you

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear R7500- Genie Win app no longer disconnects devices from genie. Option is gone??

Hi @preciousk,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Are you referring to the Access Control checkbox on the Network Map window?

3. Please try enabling the Access Control via the router's UI. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23289

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear R7500- Genie Win app no longer disconnects devices from genie. Option is gone??

Hi @preciousk,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Are you referring to the Access Control checkbox on the Network Map window?

3. Please try enabling the Access Control via the router's UI. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23289

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @preciousk,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7