Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear USB Control Center MacOS Big Sur

Re: Netgear USB Control Center MacOS Big Sur

@RonDFW wrote:

After sever crashs on this 8 month old router, the foreign tech support worker with marginal English tried to sell me "premium" tech support

Many reports here of that sort of behaviour are down to someone ringing a number they find using Google. The "support worker" is then nothing to do with Netgear. Many scam sites out there that try to look like Netgear but in reality are dodgy operations that can damage your network and your bank balance.

There is no phone support for Netgear.

@RonDFW wrote:

...then told me "no not use the phone app, do not use the phone app" to set up your router, the opposite of the instruction that came in the box with the router.

Again, maybe a sign that it wasn't official Netgear. But experienced users also caution against using apps. Too dumbed down and inflexible.

@RonDFW wrote:

Attempting to change my router user name I'm not stuck in a loop were it keeps asking for my password but doesn't recognize it. Looking forward to a hard reboot and having to start over again.

I can't tell what you mean by "router user name". If you mean the "admin" username, you can't. It is fixed.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

Message 26 of 27
RonDFW
Aspirant

Re: Netgear USB Control Center MacOS Big Sur

1) If you file a warranty claim at netgear.com you are sent a notification that includes a case # and a phone number and instructed to call within 48 hours. Netgear then offers you paid tech support.

2) Netgear provides free tech support for a limited number days from you purchase and registration, they then offer extended tech support for a fee.

3) Posting incorrect information and expressing a opinion about things you don't know about isn't helpful

@michaelkenward wrote:

@RonDFW wrote:

After sever crashs on this 8 month old router, the foreign tech support worker with marginal English tried to sell me "premium" tech support

Many reports here of that sort of behaviour are down to someone ringing a number they find using Google. The "support worker" is then nothing to do with Netgear. Many scam sites out there that try to look like Netgear but in reality are dodgy operations that can damage your network and your bank balance.

There is no phone support for Netgear.

@RonDFW wrote:

...then told me "no not use the phone app, do not use the phone app" to set up your router, the opposite of the instruction that came in the box with the router.

Again, maybe a sign that it wasn't official Netgear. But experienced users also caution against using apps. Too dumbed down and inflexible.

@RonDFW wrote:

Attempting to change my router user name I'm not stuck in a loop were it keeps asking for my password but doesn't recognize it. Looking forward to a hard reboot and having to start over again.

I can't tell what you mean by "router user name". If you mean the "admin" username, you can't. It is fixed.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

4)Bless your heart.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7