Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear app after MR60 upgrade to v1.1.6.122

ropa
Follower

Netgear app after MR60 upgrade to v1.1.6.122

my Nighthawk Android App version is 2.12.6.1824 and the MR60 and MS60 fw version is v1.1.6.122 - since this upgrade, there are a few different issues i have been experiencing:
- some devices show as offline

- some devices that are no longer connected still show connected

- both satellites appear with a green dot, but dont show any devices connected to them
- both satellites appear as devices connected tot eh MR60 and show as wired devices
- the network map shows the stellites as one connecting to the MR60 and the other to the MS60

i have tried reinstalling hte app a few times, cleared the cahce and app info and retried as well, and now it shows 254 devices connected in the app (all offline) and towards the bottom is where i see my actual devices connected.

any help would be great!

Message 1 of 9
Chuck53
Aspirant

Re: Netgear app after MR60 upgrade to v1.1.6.122

Any updates???
Message 2 of 9
chadurbanski
Aspirant

@ropa wrote:

my Nighthawk Android App version is 2.12.6.1824 and the MR60 and MS60 fw version is v1.1.6.122 - since this upgrade, there are a few different issues i have been experiencing:

- both satellites appear with a green dot, but dont show any devices connected to them
- both satellites appear as devices connected tot eh MR60 and show as wired devices
- the network map shows the stellites as one connecting to the MR60 and the other to the MS60

i have tried reinstalling hte app a few times, cleared the cahce and app info and retried as well, and now it shows 254 devices connected in the app (all offline) and towards the bottom is where i see my actual devices connected.

any help would be great!

Yes i do know. These netgear nighthawk engineers are a bunch of Dumb asses who dont test before they release there crap update to the public. Think about how many people are outside of the service period. Netgear you guys need to get this quack update off the list so my damn POS nighthawk system will stop trying to update automaticly. Or create a new update that actually works for your damn paying customers. You guys have me more then mad about this since its been going on since the begining of Jan! This will be the 3rd time i have had to roll back the F-ING update that your genious engineers developed and without tested infected every nighthawkl system. What is the intentions...HMMM to get the people who dont know how to fix to buy something new. Very poor customer service on this issue even with it being known what the problem is. Would love to get  email or a call from netgear about this. If anyone decides to go new DO NOT GET NETGEAR!!!!!!!!! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are gonna have to download the update prior to the Bull**bleep** .122 and then just install that into your nighthawk system and should be good until the stupid system decides its time to download the GENIOUS update, 

AGAIN GREAT JOB NETGEAR....SHM...Sad the public points your obvious problems to you and you still dont acknowledge or fix. Gonna try and still return mine.

Message 3 of 9
ab4924
Aspirant

I have had the exact same issues since the firmware updated 2 days ago. Devices not connected etc. After a ton of troubleshooting i see that soem devices reappear after rebooting the router but satellites show no devices. Bascially the mobile app is garbage and you need to rely on the web based app. I will say the system itself has outstanding coverage and provides great throughput. I bought the mesh kit with MR 60 and 2 satellites at Costco for $169. It works exceptionally well, so for that price and performance I will deal with the garbage mobile app considering I normally setup the network and forget. It would be nice for the developers however to design an app that actually works

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to downgrade to v116 FW on the MS then MR lastly.

@ropa wrote:

any help would be great!

Message 5 of 9
edlac60
Aspirant

Hi, I am having the exact same issues since upgrading to v1.1.6.122. 

Has anyone offered up any solutions?

Message 6 of 9
chadurbanski
Aspirant

Yes. I got rid of the trash update. Downloaded the 1.0.116 update. Was the one prior to the most recent update. Then do a hard reset on the main router (mr60) and then the satellites (ms60) . Just hold paper clip in reset hole for 45 seconds or so. Then after rebooting log into the nighthawk page. U have to use webpage for this from here. Log into the 168.192.1.1 or whatever yours logs into. Then on a separate page go to netgear.com and then support and downloads. Put in the model and then click for older versions tab. Down load the .116 update. Once downloaded extract to a known location. Then go back to nighthawk web interface and go to the advanced tab, then the administrator tab. You will see router update. Click and switch to manual update. Click the satellites first and it will log into the satelite boxes. It's the same log in as main router after u did the setup. After updating satellites just update the main router. Be sure that when u download the old update u download the ms and the mr versions and update the correct update. Hope this makes sense. And shoot more questions if needed. And since I gave this info everyone must bash netgear and the engineers who thought it was a good idea to push a untested update to paying customers. They should be thanking us for figuring out there issues. Again netgear and engineers...you suck.
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you downgrade the MS first, then MR lastly. 

After is all downgraded and working, Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 9
chadurbanski
Aspirant

That's what I put. Update satellites then update main router.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7