Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear genie stops working. Opens and then errors out everytime time (Win10)

betogas
Aspirant

Netgear genie stops working. Opens and then errors out everytime time (Win10)

Everytime I open NETGEAR Netgenie it stops working with error message "NETGEAR Genie has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found available".

I have installed vmware workstation and some virtualization software, basically adding a bunch of virtual nics. I have uninstalled and reinstall Netgear genie but it keeps crashing.I have windows 10. Please help, and thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: Netgear genie stops working. Opens and then errors out everytime time (Win10)

What antivirus are you running some have caused problems with Genie in many past postings

Message 2 of 3
betogas
Aspirant

Re: Netgear genie stops working. Opens and then errors out everytime time (Win10)

I have windows defender, but I feel it is related to VMWare workstation 12, it generates multiple virtual nics, I have a total of 16. Yesterday I uninstalled VMware to test and NETGEAR Genie started working, but I had to install it again as it is more important for me to have VMWare. Can we look at multiple nic or virtual nic incompatibility with NETGEAR Genie?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7