Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Device keeps connecting to my network

a376
Follower

New Device keeps connecting to my network

My network is password protected and I keep receiving a notification from my Nighthawk app that a device has joined my network. When I go to the app, there is no new device listed under my connected devices, just my own devices, however this happened again today and this time it showed up under my devices. I turned off the toggle and then it was removed. What is this device and should I be concerned? I just changed my password yesterday. The unknown device is the DEV one. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: New Device keeps connecting to my network

@a376 wrote:

My network is password protected and I keep receiving a notification from my Nighthawk app ...

What does it say?

@a376 wrote:

When I go to the app, there is no new device listed under my connected devices, just my own devices, however this happened again today and this time it showed up under my devices.

It can be hard to pin down what these things. They may well be one of your devices throwing in a second connection. (It has happened.)

You can try to pin it down by working out who made the thing. Grab the MAC address and throw it into a search.

Start with this tool:

MAC Address Lookup/Find Tool for Windows

Message 2 of 3
jvhaslup
Star

Re: New Device keeps connecting to my network

I’m having the same exact issue, and the device name does not have a legitimate MAC address. It shows up in the notification pane in a “DEV- XX:YY:ZZ” format.

Neither user interface (Netgear app or 192.168.1.1) lists any unknown devices….
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7