Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk R7000 - ReadyCLOUD - Path to storage folder corrupted

Oldertimer
Aspirant

Night Hawk R7000 - ReadyCLOUD - Path to storage folder corrupted

I have been using ReadyCLOUD application with my R7000 Nighthawk router since it became available. Recently a problem arose that I have not been able to correct. I do not know what caused the problem.

At computer startup, I am signed into the R7000, but not into the USB_Storage folder. Therefore, the programs which I have setup for automatic backup cannot do so resulting in an error message. I could not find a way to add the USB_Storage folder to the path. When I accessed the Browse folder, I got folder empty message with all of my backup storage folders. It appears to me that the USB_Storage provides a “secret” path to the storage folders and to their “secret” directories. I did come across a drive letter, U:. I was able to access it and confirmed that the storage folders are populated with the backup files. The only thing I was able to do was copy a stored backup file and move it to the computer where I was able to open it.

Four or five times I have deleted ReadyCLOUD and reinstalled it. The problem remained after each reinstall.

I am at a loss at this point and hope someone in the community can help me.

Additional Information:

Firmware Version:  V1.0.9.60.2.60

Windows 10 Professional

Also, about the same time the problem arose, the router's IP address was changed from192.168.0.1 to 10.0,0,1 without my intervention. The IP addresses of all attached devices were also changed.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Oldertimer
Aspirant

Re: Night Hawk R7000 - ReadyCLOUD - Path to storage folder corrupted

Oldertimer here again.

Another odd situation was just noticed. The router has attached itself to my Guest network even the setup has my Primary network listed.

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

If the computer (wireless station, client, ...) does associate with the guest network, it depends on the guest netwrk configuration. Typically, only Internet access is granted.

The Netgear consumer routers change the LAN to the 10.0.0.1/24 network if they detect the current configured LAN does collide with the Internet/WAN side. Typical causes are either reconfiguration by your ISP, or sometimes a temporary failure of cable modems which fall-back to some 192.168.0.1/24 if they don't receive a valid configuration in time.

Check the current Internet IP address on the WAN/Internet port, of different from 192.168.0.x reconfigure the router again to the 192.168.0.1/24 (the older default) or 192.168.1.1/24 (the newer default). Then ensure your computer does connect to the normal wireless. Remove the guest network from the computer configuration, or at least untick the "connect automatically" if available.

Message 3 of 6

@schumaku wrote:

....different from 192.168.0.x reconfigure the router again to the 192.168.0.1/24 (the older default) or 192.168.1.1/24 (the newer default).

Not so much an older/newer thing, more a case of:

192.168.0.1/24 = modem/router default

192.168.1.1/24 = router default.

Message 4 of 6
Oldertimer
Aspirant

.I started repair, but not yet finished. I will have  plenty of time on the 19th. 

Message 5 of 6
Oldertimer
Aspirant

This is my third attempt at this reply. Apparently I had/have two issues. One I can live with temporary and one I cannot. The  initial problem was loosing access to my ReadyCLOUD storage/backup folders.  would not complete. R7000  was successful. Log in/mount/open (proper term?) USB_Storage was not successful. As a result I could only "Browse" the folders. Browsing reported the  folders were empty, which they were not. Accessing the folders through drive U: showed me the folders were populated, but I could not work with them. Later I discovered discovered the IP address of R7000 changed as did the attached  device without my intervention. The IP addresses changed again on their own. I can temporarily live with the address change but need to access my stored files. Two community member very kindly explained the possible reason for the address changes & directions to restore IP addresses. I have not been able to restore access to storage folders. I still need for this issue. Should I close my account register a new account? 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7