Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk R7800 registered under the wrong account

skew-ur-data
Follower

Night Hawk R7800 registered under the wrong account

Hope this isn't a dumb question...

It's more of a profile/ phone app questionl

All I need to know is how I can change the email address to the R7800 router I purchased awhile back.  I just purchased a CM1000 modem and registered it.  When I logged into my account to look over a few things I realized my R7800 was not listed under my registered products and that's when I remembered I had registered it on a spam email account I created by accident.  I'd like to have them both registered under the same account but have no idea how or who to talk to about this.  When I tried registering the R7800 again, it came up as an incorrect serial number (assumingly due to it already being registered).  So I've come here as a last resort for answers.  Any help, guidance, or suggested support phone numbers I can call would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Night Hawk R7800 registered under the wrong account

Some good Netgear moderators can assist - convinced @Christian_R will take care. Once confirmed, he needs a private message with the email addresses of the source and the target account.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Night Hawk R7800 registered under the wrong account

Hello skew-ur-data,

I can certainly assist! Please send me a private message with serial number and the two email addresses. 1 - The email address the device is currently registered to. 2 - The email address you prefer the device to be registered to. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7