Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk App

Bob333
Aspirant

NightHawk App

I have changed the device description, saved it, and returned to the devices page. The new name is there. However, When I close the app and return later the new description reverts to the original description.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NightHawk App

Hi @Bob333,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. What is the OS (Android, iOS) of the device that you have the app installed on?

3. What version of the app do you have installed?

4. Have you tried re-installing it?

5. Does the issue persist on another device?

Dexter

Message 2 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bob333,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 11
Bob333
Aspirant

Here are the answers to your prior questions. Thank you for helping.

Bob

1. What is the firmware version of the router?  1.0.3.66
2. What is the OS (Android, iOS) of the device that you have the app installed on?  iOS 12.2  on iPhone
3. What version of the app do you have installed?  2.3.1.37
4. Have you tried re-installing it?  No
5. Does the issue persist on another device?  The app is only on one device my iPhone.

Message 4 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bob333,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Bob333  what is shown in the router Web UI - Attached Devices - the renamed or the old names?

What kind of devices (and how many different ones) does the router Web UI offer in the Attached Devices vs. the Nighthawk App?

@DexterJB keep the information in the public - many users are experiencing the same problems - all over different Nighthawk App supported devices, all over Genie supported devices. When does Netgear start to understand that there are systematic issues bottom up from the (non-existing?) design to the implementation level on both the router and the Apps!

Message 6 of 11
Bob333
Aspirant

Enough is enough. Evidently you Nighthawk App is defective. My problem is a simple one and I don't believe that I am the first user to have this issue. The problem should be simple to address and simpler to correct but you don't seem to care. These back and forth messages are wasting my time and I am through. One day when you update the app maybe it will perform as advertised. Until then-goodbye.

Message 7 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Bob333 wrote:

Enough is enough. Evidently you Nighthawk App is defective. My problem is a simple one and I don't believe that I am the first user to have this issue. The problem should be simple to address and simpler to correct but you don't seem to care.

What appears to be simple is a complex thing covering many different router models and generations.

@Bob333 wrote:

These back and forth messages are wasting my time and I am through. One day when you update the app maybe it will perform as advertised.

No, it's not my App - I'm just yet another user who is experiencing massive discrepancies. I'm trying to collect proof on how different issues and effects working the App on various router models and push these to Netgear. Updates are certainly required on both ends - the App and the router.

Amazing on how people want to take an advantage from asking the community but are unwilling to provide some simple feedback by asnwering some simple questions.

Message 8 of 11

@schumaku wrote:

Amazing on how people want to take an advantage from asking the community but are unwilling to provide some simple feedback by answering some simple questions.

Several people have asked @Bob333 for further details of their problem. Sadly, no useful answers.

It really shouldn't be that hard to provide the firmware version, for example.

That and others from @DexterJB would be very helpful in trying to pin down this knotty issue.

Version V.2.3.1.568 on Android seems to handle Devices well enough.

I generally go in with Remote Management.

Message 9 of 11

Message 10 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Version V.2.3.1.568 on Android seems to handle Devices well enough.

Well, what is provided is a mix max, results are highly variable if not random, depending on the router and the firmware. Have an eye in my Nighthawk App bugs thread!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7