Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk Iphone app V. 2.6.0.13 - new setup

DrRichard50
Aspirant

NightHawk Iphone app V. 2.6.0.13 - new setup

My Nighthawk app presently only manages two extenders on an old home DSL network: an EX8000 and an older EX7500. This home DSL network is being ended soon, and I will be moving to a new cable network with a Netgear AX8/8 Modem/Router. To use my current Nighthawk app to set up the new network (the new AX8 modem/router) without the added extenders do I simply need to physically disconnect the extenders and use "New Setup" on the app? Or should I delete the app from the Iphone, remove the extenders, and download the Nighthawk app again and start "fresh"? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NightHawk Iphone app V. 2.6.0.13 - new setup

Hi DrRichard50, 

You would not need to delete the Nighthawk app, however, I would recommend starting fresh. I would recommend factory resetting the extenders and going through the whole setup process again by setting up the router first then the extenders using the Nighthawk app. 

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DrRichard50, 

You would not need to delete the Nighthawk app, however, I would recommend starting fresh. I would recommend factory resetting the extenders and going through the whole setup process again by setting up the router first then the extenders using the Nighthawk app. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
DrRichard50
Aspirant

Thank you very much, Sir.I appreciate your help and expertise.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DrRichard50 - Happy to help! 

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements