Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk R700 router not found on app

jackod1
Follower

NightHawk R700 router not found on app

Hi all,

So I've had my R7000 for a few years and it's always had issues with connectivity. A couple of years ago I decided to install DDWRT and it has made the router better only until recently it had a few issues and I decided to do a full wipe back to orignal (fully up to date) netgear firmware. Now it just won't work. It is broadcasting it's setup ID'd ie NETGEAR, NETGEAR-5G, and it has internet acces as well when connected to these SSIDs. I have tried the routerlogin.com and it contiunes to say that I am no connected to my routers Wifi network...but I am, I have also changed my subnet to the routers default 192.168.1.1 and this does not help either. I have also tried it with the NightHawk app on my phone, same story here as well, fully connected to the SSID (I have tried both) and when it is trying to detect the router it can never find it. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: NightHawk R700 router not found on app

@jackod1 wrote:

A couple of years ago I decided to install DDWRT and it has made the router better only until recently it had a few issues and I decided to do a full wipe back to orignal (fully up to date) netgear firmware.

I gather that this isn't always the easiest move. Unfortunately, if it goes wrong for any reason, you wont find much in the way of experienced help here. Netgear won't help and few "volunteers" seem to use that stuff. You'll probably get better help over where they support this alternative firmware.

@jackod1 wrote:

Now it just won't work. It is broadcasting it's setup ID'd ie NETGEAR, NETGEAR-5G, and it has internet acces as well when connected to these SSIDs.

I'm having difficulty understanding what doesn't work.

@jackod1 wrote:

I have tried the routerlogin.com and it contiunes to say that I am no connected to my routers Wifi network...but I am

Might be an indicator of something else going on on your network. What is the  modem in front of your R7000?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7