Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 and Disney Circle and Parental Controls

kevinrmcd
Follower

Nighthawk AC1900 and Disney Circle and Parental Controls

I upgraded from a Linksys EA4500 today to a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. From what I read online (and on the box when I purchased it at Walmart), this router was supposed to have very good parental controls. My EA4500 let you set times when individual devices can connect. From what I can see online, the only way to do this on a Netgear router is using Disney Circle. This router is supposed to support Disney Circle (as noted here - https://www.netgear.com/landings/circle/ where it's listed under "Supported Routers"). However, I cannot find any way to enable it. Any ideas?

The box also states "Network Map - Allow block access to your network using real-time map of connected devices". From the Network Map tab in the Netgear genie app, there does not appear to be any way to block access. Any idea here?

At this point, I'm about ready to return this to the store and swap it for a Linksys.

thanks

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 and Disney Circle and Parental Controls

@kevinrmcd wrote:

From what I can see online, the only way to do this on a Netgear router is using Disney Circle.

Does this mean that you have looked at the manual and rejected the idea of Parental Controls?

There is support stuff for the R6900, including a manual, at the end of this link:

>>> R6900 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See page 72.

What firmware version do you have on the device? A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.)

There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface. 

This is important, as you can see from this:

My router supports Circle with Disney, but I don t see the option to enable it; what do I do?

That is one of a bunch of articles on this technology.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7