Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Ac1900

Mcrosetta
Aspirant

Nighthawk Ac1900

I have a Nighhawk Ac1900 model R700 and it keeps dropping out on the 2.4ghz network

I have a few smart devices and these devices rely on this band to function can someone please assist with thing I can try to help I have already factory reset my router
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Ac1900

What firmware version is on the router? 

Message 2 of 7

@Mcrosetta wrote:
I have a Nighhawk Ac1900 model R700 and it keeps dropping out on the 2.4ghz network

What symptoms do you see? All wifi clients fail? The wifi LED goes off?

What is the modem, if there is one, in front of this router?

Message 3 of 7
Mcrosetta
Aspirant

I am currently running version V1.0.0.76_1.0.1
Message 4 of 7
Mcrosetta
Aspirant

The modem is a Netgear nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 adsl/Vdsl
Message 5 of 7
Mcrosetta
Aspirant

Wifi LED for 2.4ghz still lit but my smart power board and harmony hub from Logitech disconnect and show red lights
Message 6 of 7

@Mcrosetta wrote:
The modem is a Netgear nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 adsl/Vdsl

So, you have an R7000 router sitting behind a D7000V2 modem/router.

This is a classic case if "double NAT" caused by two routers.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

You can also put that modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the R7000 as the router.

Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@Mcrosetta wrote:
Wifi LED for 2.4ghz still lit but my smart power board and harmony hub from Logitech disconnect and show red lights

Those other devices may well be confused as to which router they are supposed to talk to on your broken network.

Out of interest, why do you need another router as well as the D7000V2. Are you using features on the R7000 that you can't get on the D7000V2?

By the way, you have posted in the section given over to the Nighthawk app. This probably has nothing to do with your problem.

I would be the last person to tell you to waste everyone's time by posting anywhere else. (I'll leave that for the obsessives.)

Most questions can be handled regardless of where they first appear on this mess of a community, but if you do have further problems with these devices, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers for the D7000V2

and here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers  for the R7000 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7