Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App Can't Find Router

michaelmoss
Follower

Nighthawk App Can't Find Router

Hi,

I've installed NBN and have had to daisy-chain via Ethernet ports from the Optus Sagemcom modem/router to my Nighthawk AC2300 Router.  I am only using Sagemcom for the internet/NBN connection and Phone port, and have tunred off wifi.  The AC2300 is now acting as the Router and Wifi and is working well - very happy.  In other words, I'm able to connect to Wifi via the AC2300 and usage is fine on all devices.

However, when I try and connect Nighthawk App it has 'Issues connecting with <<wifiname>>'.  I am connected to the AC2300 Router on my phone and can use the internet just fine.  It's only this app that doesn't seem to find it.  I've tried rebooting the modem and re-connecting the router but no help.

Has anyone had a similar issue and could the problem be the 'diasy-chain' configuration between my Sagemcom and AC2300?

Thanks,

Michael

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @michaelmoss, welcome to the community! Please make sure that the R7000P is not configured to function in AP mode. You can check this link to see if it is.

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @michaelmoss, welcome to the community! Please make sure that the R7000P is not configured to function in AP mode. You can check this link to see if it is.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @michaelmoss, were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7