Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App Device Manager is awful

user512
Initiate

Nighthawk App Device Manager is awful

I downloaded the Nighthawk App after purchasing and setting up the r6700 Router. After spending considerable time and effort configuring each of my 16 connected devices, the app didn't bother to save anything. What a waste of time and crappy app.

And thanks to Netgear's terrible support policy, there is zero support unless I want to pay for it...what a joke!

Don't bother wasting your time on this app.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App Device Manager is awful

The problem isn't specifically with the Nighthawk App - many older Netgear Nighthawk routers badly suffer from poor firmware, effects vary with the model and the firmware installed on the router. The community of full with such issues, Netgear does notreally care about thier bugware I'm afraid. @ChristineT one more R6700 customer here ...

Message 2 of 5

@user512 wrote:

And thanks to Netgear's terrible support policy, there is zero support unless I want to pay for it...what a joke!

That's not the case. Netgear's support is limited to 90 days.

You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

Message 3 of 5
user512
Initiate

...right, and what happens on day 91... zero support. 

Message 4 of 5

This place?

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

If you can't sort out problems withing 90 days, and the thing dies, then your warranty lasts at least a year.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7