Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App Does Not Regognize New Firmware Update For R7000 WiFi Router

martineza79
Aspirant

Nighthawk App Does Not Regognize New Firmware Update For R7000 WiFi Router

I got an email indicating the new firmware for my update is 1.0.9.64. I downloaded my Nighthawk App for Android. The Nighthawk app acknowledges my R7000 router has firmware update v1.0.9.12. When I hit the "Check for Updates" button, it indicates Firmware is up to date. Therefore, the Nighthawk App is not recognizing the new v1.0.9.64 firmware update.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

The apps and sometimes even the browser don't always see the most recent update.  For the most current updates, its best to go directly though the support website and manually update.  However there's been issues with the R7000 firmware as of late so if yours is running fine, I'd probabably hold off. 

Message 2 of 5

Your subject says R7000, but the footer says C7000. Which is it?

You have no control over the firmware for the C7000.

If it is the R7000,  is that or the R7000P?

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) Your device is a Nighthawk WiFi Router.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

Message 3 of 5
martineza79
Aspirant

Great question Michael. It is the r7000. The C7000 | AC1900 is a default selection for this Netgear Community Website. I don't know why they have C7000. My Nighthawk app also identifies with my router as R7000. Either way, it is the AC1900 WiFi Router

Message 4 of 5

@martineza79 wrote:

Great question Michael. It is the r7000. The C7000 | AC1900 is a default selection for this Netgear Community Website.

That's because it was posted in the "wrong section". The R7000 should be an option in the Nighthawk router zone. (It also works here.)

@martineza79 wrote:

Either way, it is the AC1900 WiFi Router

Not really. R7000 is the model number. AC1900 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. Netgear makes several AC1900 routers and devices.

There is support material, including a manual and firmware, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Latest firmware here:

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.64 (All Regions except China) | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Use it at your own risk!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7