Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out

Just1080
Tutor

Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out

Hello, I have been attempting to sign onto my Admin for the NightHawk Application, however, I am having the issue of Nighthawk Application stating, “Logon Timed Out, Please Try Again. If issue is persistent, try rebooting your device.”

The following things I did:
1) Rebooted Device Approximately 6 times
2) Deleted Application and Redownloaded
3) Changed Password
4) Tried on Another iPhone

I have no idea what the issue is, but I realized I can’t sign on and it’s removed my 5G Wifi.

I can’t check for devices logged onto my wifi, I can’t change settings to my wifi, and I can’t get into my Nighthawk Application to fix these things! Please help!

It looks like it would’ve been much easier just getting the Specrum Router.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 11

Re: Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out

@Just1080 wrote:
Hello, I have been attempting to sign onto my Admin for the NightHawk Application, however, I am having the issue of Nighthawk Application stating, “Logon Timed Out, Please Try Again. If issue is persistent, try rebooting your device.”

Has this just started happening? Or is this the first time you have tried using the app?

Which Nighthawk App is this? Android? iOS?

What Netgear device are you using? What firmware is on it?

The behaviour of the Nighthawk app depends on those key factors.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Is the A7000 WiFi USB Adapter listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 11
Just1080
Tutor

I’ve been log-in to the Nighthawk application before when I finished purchased the product in 2021. I am using iOS. I have the R7000P/Nighthawk AC2300. I don’t know how to check the firmware.

I have a Spectrum Modem, Hiltron Technologies. DOCSIS 3.1eMTA

I’ve tried resetting the router as well, and I still have the same issue.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 11
jpeters787
Initiate

Exact same problem, tried everything mentioned. Is there a fix???
It's no longer an option to access router settings from website, stuck without any way to do anything
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 4 of 11
Just1080
Tutor

I have no fix yet. I haven’t received any help from Netgear at all. My WIFI been running slow on gaming systems and smart TVs and I think it due to my router having an update, however, no solution to fix Netgear Nighthawk App issue. Does not seem like employees at Netgear even know.
Message 5 of 11

@Just1080 wrote:
My WIFI been running slow on gaming systems and smart TVs and I think it due to my router having an update, however, no solution to fix Netgear Nighthawk App issue.

Can you explain that a  bit? Do you mean it has had an update or that it is waiting for one?

Whichever it is, you don't have to use the Nighthawk app to manage the thing.

A browser can do the job, be it on a PC or on you mobile device, over wire or wifi. (Wired is more reliable and safer.) Just point it at the usual login address.

Message 6 of 11

@jpeters787 wrote:

It's no longer an option to access router settings from website, stuck without any way to do anything

What does that mean? What are you doing and what happens?

Is the A7000 WiFi USB Adapter listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 7 of 11
Just1080
Tutor

It’s will not allow me to log into the application to figure out what the issue is. So, I am not sure if I need a update or not. I need to know how to get into the application to figure out the if my Netgear router needs a update, however, without accessing the application I cannot. No solution to fix the Logon Timed Out issue. I tried using the website through browser, however, it doesn’t show what device are connected to the router or anything other issues. Just gives you more setting to change.
Message 8 of 11

@Just1080 wrote:
I need to know how to get into the application to figure out the if my Netgear router needs a update, however, without accessing the application I cannot.

The application is just one way into the router. As I explained earlier, you can do that with a browser.

I tried using the website through browser, however, it doesn’t show what device are connected to the router or anything other issues. Just gives you more setting to change.

Tell us a bit more about what you did and what happened.

What is this "website". Do you mean the browser graphical user interface (GUI)? How did you try to get at it? Which address?

Terms like "will not allow" mean nothing. What are you doing and what happens when you try?

Message 9 of 11
fconverse
Initiate

Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same issues now for the first time.

Message 10 of 11

@fconverse wrote:

Was this ever resolved?  I'm having the same issues now for the first time.

The person who first had the problem never got round to answering questions. Maybe the issue went away for them and they just abandoned the conversation.

You might do better to start afresh and with answers to the key questions. As yet we know nothing about your system, what happens and where things go wrong.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7