Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App Logon Timeout

thesuncard
Initiate

I've found the solution. I guess after any update or reboot on the router it seems to to change the time zone. Fix your appropriate time zone on routers settings directly from the web. Should be under Administration > NTP settings > Time Zone.
Apply let it reboot. Try your app again. Your welcome.
Message 26 of 58
neilwar
Tutor

Mine wasn't time zone related as it worked on one iPad and not the other, but thanks for the suggestion.

mine now seems to work on all my devices with no problem. I wish I could provide the solution but I have no idea why it now works.

Message 27 of 58
SteveMcG
Initiate

I had this same problem.  The latest firmware updates have implemented a password policy.  The new policy requires special characters.  You can login from browser, but not the app, if your password does not meet the new password policy.

Go change your admin password via browser, then go login via Nighthawk app.  It will work. 🙂

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 28 of 58
neilwar
Tutor

Like I said, I have two iPads, both using the App. I could log in on one, not the other.

Message 29 of 58
SteveMcG
Initiate

In my situation, I have Nighthawk app on iPhone and iPad.  I purchased a new RAX200, setup with Nighthawk app.  I then upgraded the firmware and could not login via iPad or iPhone.  This issue persisted for a long time, I tried everything in this list and nothing worked.

Today, I reset the password and noticed that my original password didn't match the new password requirements.  After reseting the password, I can now login via Nighthawk app on both iPhone and iPad.

Message 30 of 58
JoeMilly37
Aspirant

I cannot find "Administration" on the website.  Also, I tried to change my password to add a special character...  Still can't login.  Super annoying.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 31 of 58

@JoeMilly37 wrote:

I cannot find "Administration" on the website.  Also, I tried to change my password to add a special character...  Still can't login. 

I have  no idea what that means.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 32 of 58
JonMan
Aspirant

The time zone trick worked for me as well
Thanks to @thesuncard
Message 33 of 58
Iggy1
Aspirant

My app does the same thing. I just bought a new nighthawk router and it took forever to setup I assume it’s because of the app issue ?
Message 34 of 58
Iggy1
Aspirant

ISO
Message 35 of 58
JonMan
Aspirant

In my case, after a firmware update the time zone was reset so once you set your time zone to the correct one, The logon timeout won't reoccur
You'll have to reset the time zone using the Web Interface not the app
Message 36 of 58

@Iggy1 wrote:
I just bought a new nighthawk router ....

Which one?

...it took forever to setup I assume it’s because of the app issue ?

Maybe, but without knowing much more it is anybody's guess as to what happened.

So many unknowns.The modem? Which app? Etc.

Message 37 of 58
Macmac312
Aspirant

You have to use routerlogon.com From a laptop. Yeah once you connect to your router through thru netgear then then look up at the top you will see it updates available. Once you click that and update your router you will be able to log into nighthawk
Message 38 of 58
Macmac312
Aspirant

You have to log in on a laptop to www.routerlogin.com Once you do that you can look up at the top left corner it will say updates available or firmware available you need to click that and let your router update your life your lights on your router will go out it will take a little bit of time period once you do that you will be able to log in to the nighthawk app
Message 39 of 58

@Macmac312 wrote:
.... can look up at the top left corner it will say updates available or firmware available you need to click that and let your router update your life your lights on your router will go out it will take a little bit of time period once you do that you will be able to log in to the nighthawk app

Good in theory, but not always reliable. It can miss some updates for reasons no one has ever explained satsifactorily.

If it doesn't work, then this is the next option:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 40 of 58
vandedm1
Aspirant

I have the same issue and have had it for months:  Logon timed out, please try again.  If this issue persists, try rebooting your device.

I can access the router via browser but not the app.

I know the password and I am entering it correctly.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  Nothing chaged.

I am running latest version of the app and iOS on my iPhone.

Seems to me this is clearly a NetGear issue based upon the number of people reporting the exact same scenario.

Message 41 of 58

@vandedm1 wrote:

Seems to me this is clearly a NetGear issue based upon the number of people reporting the exact same scenario.

Possibly, but did you read this?

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

I am running latest version of the app and iOS on my iPhone.

Perhaps that "latest version" is where the problem begins.

Message 42 of 58
Roadking1985
Initiate

I have done everything posted to fix this issue and nothing has fixed this,I can not open my Nighthawk App and I guess we all have to wait for Netgear to come up with a fix?
Message 43 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru
Aru92
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue from the Nighthawk app after router firmware update but I can enter through browser...what shall I do now??
Message 45 of 58
Aru92
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue from the Nighthawk app after router firmware update but I can enter through browser...what shall I do now??
Message 46 of 58
Aru92
Aspirant

Message 47 of 58

@Aru92 wrote:

It isn't obvious that this has anything to do with firmware.

If that was the cause then people would have successfully rolled back to restore this function. That doesn't seem to work.

Have you tried it?

The same issue also hits routers with unchanged firmware. The consensus is that it is the app that is bust.

Message 48 of 58
CMac111
Aspirant

I'm having the same exact issue since last night when I attempted a routine reboot and I've been using the nighthawk app for my AC2200 modelEX7500 so I'm not so sure it's due to the app not supporting your router if you've been using the both of them before this happened .I don't really know what to do I can't get into my router? Suggestions!?!?
Message 49 of 58

Message 50 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7