Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App Not Working after Firmware Upgrade (Nighthawk MK-83)

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk App Not Working after Firmware Upgrade (Nighthawk MK-83)

I did a manual update of my Router and Satellites with Tech Support. The iPhone app is now useless. The Network Map shows only my Router and two of my three Satellites. When I go to the Device Manager tab, I get an error message - "Could not reach server. Try again later (code: CDIL-API-FAIL)". The app also does not show the number of Connected Devices as it did in the past. The app is also running extremely slow - much slower than before the update. It says "loading" for quite a while before opening any tab.

Message 1 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a uninstall of the app, reboot mobile device, then re-install app.

Try a factory reset on the router unit and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser, once fully setup, log back in to all and check devices. 

Message 2 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I did uninstall the app, restart my iPhone and then reinstalled the app. Both my iPhone and iPad are still having the same problem.

I just did a factory reset with Tech Support - after we did that, this problem started. They had no solution. Why would the web app make a difference?

Message 3 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Wouls help to get the system setup first using the routers web page, then after its setup, the NH may work after that. If not, NG support will need to pass this to the app team for review. 

Message 4 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the system up and running. Tech Support had me factory reset and start over using the app. It is operating fine except for the app - the network map is incorrect (missing a satellite) and the device manager returns an error.

Message 5 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in contact with NG support then. 

Message 6 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have tried that - absolutely no response - very frustrated.

Message 7 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you open a support ticket? 

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have tried that - absolutely no response - very frustrated.

Message 8 of 20
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have an ongoing support ticket and have also sent feedback through the app.

Message 9 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted...

Message 10 of 20

I have the same issue with my RAX50 after the app was updated.  It is a shame we pay so much money for a high end product and support is not free after 6 months.  Watching for a solution here.

Message 11 of 20
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jim 

When you say its not working do you mean you cant access the router at all in the app or are certain things not working?

Message 12 of 20

@DarrenM  I tagged you in another discussion with this problem.  This problem seems to be frequent on the formns.  It has ongoing Case #44997877 with someone on the hardware side as they are so for sure it is a hardware issue when this whole thing started with the iPhone App upgrade. 

The new version for iOS is 2.11.5.17 now shows my EAX15 expander locally and the devices on that. When I first updated the app it searched for and showed thr RAX50 locally and looked like it was going to work but it soon forced itself to use Anywhere Access and of course the devices do not show anymore. I was hopefull for a instant.

It shows Error Could not reach server. Try again later. (Code:CDIL-API-FAIL) I still think this is an app or their server issue for the Anywhere Access.

If you have access to the case I have zipped screenshots for them to reveiw.

Message 13 of 20
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Ok, thanks for the case number I will take a look.

DarrenM

Message 14 of 20

Due to the poor and drawn out support and the fact Netgear will not take the ownership of creating the problem with the upgrade of the app, we can not function any longer as a home business with this expensive junk from Netgear.

We have removed this equipment and replaced it with working flawlessly equipment from a competitor. I will never use or recommend Netgear to anyone. Since it is in warranty, I should get a refund or a new replacement of my router and extender. This was good money throwed away.

Message 15 of 20
MKDaly
Initiate

MR80. Same issue. It is on both the iPhone app and the Android app. The only way to permit new devices access is to use the web interface. The app is broken. I have 63 devices and wonder if there isn’t a timeout issue communicating with the app.
Message 16 of 20

I have always claimed it was an app issue but I can’t get them to listen. All they want to do is claim hardware.
Message 17 of 20
joggy64
Tutor

Just chiming in to make note that I'm having the same issue as reported by others in this thread. MR80 via the app (iOS) errors out when trying to view devices via Devices or Network Map of 41 devices - CDIL-API-FAIL. Previously had no problems with this many devices.

The web interface has no such issue and works just fine.

I'll monitor thread for possible solutions from Netgear.

Message 18 of 20
Bjbrads
Aspirant

I am having the same issue as others where after the router update, now the nighthawk app does not work. Netgear support and  products are useless pieces of ----. You cannot get any help to resolve the issue. Also netgear routers are widely known for their back door access. Really no privacy or security.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 19 of 20

@Bjbrads wrote:

You cannot get any help to resolve the issue.

What about this place?

I see  no sign that you have tried to get help anywhere else in this community.

You have joined in on an old discussion about different hardware. (Apps and firmware are linked together.) So it might be worth beginning afresh.

We'll need a detailed description of your problems and your network before anyone can begin to guess as to what might be going wrong at your end.

The  R6400 in your footer isn't one of the usual suspects on the troublemaker front. It has been around since 2015 and has had time to bed down.

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7