Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App and Admin Password Issue

CFC
Tutor
Tutor

Nighthawk App and Admin Password Issue

I did the recent software update and then had password access issues with wifi extender. After many attempts, I factory reset the wifi extender and was able to re-establish connectivity to my network via PC. I can fully see my set up on the PC login. However, attempts to sign in my Nighthawk app on my phone have been blocked with a Admin Password page. I have reset the unit so it should have been defaulted to admin/password but it doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reloaded the app but it stops at this page. I am on an Android Galaxy S10+. Thoughts?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
CFC
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, but I don't follow your comments. Everything was followed per the netgear instructions. On the PC it was fine. The App is the issue. It blocks me at the admin stage looking for a password that I never really set to my memory. But the reset should have returned it to lc password based upon the reset button. I just do not get why the App is acting differently from the PC logon.
Message 2 of 6
Graemeh12937
Initiate

I am having the same problem with the App.  I can log in to my extender via the web without problem but the app just keeps telling me the admin login and password are wrong, even though I know what they should be.  It just seems to be stuck in a loop.

The extender works well, but the app is very frustrating

Message 3 of 6
Graemeh12937
Initiate

When I tried to reinstall the app it now tells me it cant connect to the extender network - what is going on?

Message 4 of 6
smitfits
Tutor

I’ve had this problem multiple times as soon as I think I figured it out it will do it again. Once router Access Control settings blocked the phones MAC Address. Tonight the 2 step Authenticator couldn’t be turned off and froze every time I tried.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
CFC
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, it is a big deal. I did everything that you suggested and I was able to reset the extender, at the extender. The issue is that Netgear or Nighthawk did a APP software update which I accepted and after that, it keeps blocking full access when using the APP, e.g. keeps asking for an Admin PW which I have never set and doesn't exist as far as I am concerned. Honestly, the abject lack of support from Netgear to acknowledge that their update messed up the phone app will keep me from buying anything from them again. Sometimes a customer has to walk rather than being treated like this. Check the other comments, a lot of people have had this problem but they are tone deaf towards addressing it. Thanks for trying Mike 1212, though.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7