Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App and Multiple Routers

Jarisma
Aspirant

Nighthawk App and Multiple Routers

I have 2 houses.  One in NJ and one in PA - both houses have the same routers - a Nighthawk AC1900 - both routers are up to date on firmware and they always perform well.   I recently downloaded the Nighthawk app so I can manage each router when I am not at either house.   When I am in PA I can access both the PA and NJ routers.  I can turn devices on and off and I can reboot the NJ router if needed.   When I am in NJ I can only access the NJ router and I CANNOT access the PA router.  I have reinstalled the app, rebooted both routers (manually), They are both on the same firmware.  I tried to reinstall the PA router when I was in PA but it tell me it is already installed.  Any ideas on why I cannot see the PA router when in NJ??  Thank you for any suggestions.  

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk App and Multiple Routers

@Jarisma wrote:

I have 2 houses.  One in NJ and one in PA - both houses have the same routers - a Nighthawk AC1900 - both routers are up to date on firmware and they always perform well. 

First AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Second, have you set up remote management on both routers?

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 4
Jarisma
Aspirant

Hi Michael - thank you for replying.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk - AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000.  I am pretty sure I set up both routers the same exact way. I cannot check the PA router at this time to verify.  

Message 3 of 4

@Jarisma wrote:

Hi Michael - thank you for replying.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk - AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000.  I am pretty sure I set up both routers the same exact way. I cannot check the PA router at this time to verify.  

Yes, but did you set them both up with remote management enabled? That is the crucial step.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

See the section Remote Management.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7