Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App and Netgear Genius NOT picking up WiFi?

Piperp2
Aspirant

Nighthawk App and Netgear Genius NOT picking up WiFi?

I have to update my Nighthawk 7000 Router with the latest firmware......BUT the Nighthawk App and Netgear Genie are the ONLY Apps not picking up the 64 Mbps download WiFi speed in my house......Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Is it simply to uninstall and reinstall both Apps?

Alternatively, how do I do it Manually on my Windows PC?

Please Advise

Thanks

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
Piperp2
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk App and Netgear Genius NOT picking up WiFi?

Having downloaded the "latest"Nighthawk App, it is saying the following:

"Incorrect WiFi Mobile Router (NETGEAR 76)..........

Sorry, this Mobile Router is not supported by NETGEAR Mobile App.

This is on an Iphone 6s people!

What is wrong with this ......I find the backup service NON EXISTENT by Netgear......

Frustrated,

Piper P2

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Piperp2 wrote:

I have to update my Nighthawk 7000 Router with the latest firmware......BUT the Nighthawk App and Netgear Genie are the ONLY Apps not picking up the 64 Mbps download WiFi speed in my house......

The subject D7000 (even if Nighthawk branded) seems to be not supported by the Nightawk App... Which routers support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app?

N
ot sure what you want to say with the "not picking up the 64 Mbps download WiFi speed".

@Piperp2 wrote:

Alternatively, how do I do it Manually on my Windows PC?

D7000 Documentation ... 

Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000 User Manual, p. 204 ff.  for automatic and manual firmware update.

Note: There is also a D7000v2 version (check your device label - D7000-100xxx is D7000, D7000-200xxx is D7000v2)

@Piperp2 wrote:

What is wrong with this ......I find the backup service NON EXISTENT by Netgear......

Nothing wrong with reading documentation provided. Spending a few minutes on the device Web UI might help too.

Not sure if there might be compatibility issues ref. current Genie App vs. old ruter firmware.

Message 3 of 4

Is it, though, the D7000?  The first message said "router". The D7000 is a modem router.

It is very easy to pick the wrong device from the drop down list.

If it is the D7000, then it doesn't even seem to support the mobile Netgear genies. (No link in the downloads section of the support pages.)

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Unfortunately, the page that lists compatibility does not tell us which genie it means!

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

To get the desktop version, just use the link on the genie landing page:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

That can also influence what features the hardware supports, including apps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7