Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App does not recognise RT-AC3200 WiFi

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk App does not recognise RT-AC3200 WiFi

I have just installed a new RT-AC3200 WiFi router into my Virgin Media Fibre Hub3.

Router firmware updated and network and WiFi all works fine.

Downloaded Nightwawk App and although iPad is connected to WiFi and internet the App is unable to recognise the WiFi network?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk App does not recognise RT-AC3200 WiFi

I have since put the virgin hub3 into modem mode, previously I had just disabled WiFi. 

I have also noted that there is an advanced setting to put the nighthawk router into AP mode which appears correct but as soon as I do this I loose all WiFi connectivity and have to do a factory reset.  The ASUS Discovery Utility App works and I can configure the router over WiFi but I really wanted the nextgear genie and nighthawk functionality.

Should the nighthawk router be in AP mode when using a modem?

thanks nb.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

RT-AC3200 does read like a non-Netgear router, probably Asus, certainly not supported by the Nighthawk App.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have since put the virgin hub3 into modem mode, previously I had just disabled WiFi. 

I have also noted that there is an advanced setting to put the nighthawk router into AP mode which appears correct but as soon as I do this I loose all WiFi connectivity and have to do a factory reset.  The ASUS Discovery Utility App works and I can configure the router over WiFi but I really wanted the nextgear genie and nighthawk functionality.

thanks nb.

Message 3 of 4

@Retired_Member wrote:

No.

If the modem is in modem only mode, then the router should be in router mode.

If the modem is in modem/router mode, then the router should be in access point mode.

The idea is to have only one router on your network. Choose the one that is most convenient.

It isn't clear what router you have. AC3200 is a wifi speed indicator rather than a Netgear modem number. Your footer says R8000. Is that right?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7