Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App is Subpar!

GIJOSE83
Follower

Nighthawk App is Subpar!

It’s mind boggling to think that we are in the year 2021 and Netgear cannot get things straight. The app is constantly crashing and takes forever to do something as simple as PAUSE a device. Not to mention it’s inability to retain device information like the name and icon when edited. I constantly have 20+ devices with no name and the same icon…so much for ease of access. Another thing I have noticed lately is the inaccuracies in the number of devices reported. Sometimes I’m missing 3-5 devices which I know are connected to the internet and working properly; yet they don’t show up. Lately I have noticed that the MAC addresses displayed on the app are not even the same ones on the label of the device. Example is Netgears own EXT7700 has one Mac under the device and a completely different one on the nighthawk app.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
tamanaco
Apprentice

Subpar... is a kind term to describe the Nighthawk App. USELESS! would have been more appropiate. I stopped using it about four releases ago. I try re-using when a new release is made available and it has gotten progressively worse. Now it doesn't connect at all and crashes. Don't tell me to re-install the App, Clear Data/Cache, reboot the mobile device or factory reset the router... I DONE THIS MANY TIMES!  I also own their "Flagship" CAX80 Router/Modem that has been a NightMare (Pun intended). The router reboots if the Internet (cable) service goes down and losses its configuration after a couple reboots. I manage the CAX80 using the B/W, slow and buggy Web UI that leaves a lot to be desired. The previous 10 year old Netgear router that I had was 1,000 times more reliable and easier to manage with its old Web UI than with this useless NightHawk App has ever been able to accomplish.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

If the app and CAX are not to your liking, then I recommend returning the product and finding something that does work for you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7