Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App keeps failing at trying to disable Netgear Armor, WHAT THE THE HECK YOU GUYS

pdegan2814
Tutor

Nighthawk App keeps failing at trying to disable Netgear Armor, WHAT THE THE HECK YOU GUYS

So apparently setting up my RAXE500 Router activated a trial of Netgear Armor. I don't want it. The web portal for the router doesn't have the ability to disable it. The mobile app claims to, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I click the toggle to disable it, it times out after 60 seconds. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

How, HOW do I turn this darn thing off?!?

Message 1 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk App keeps failing at trying to disable Netgear Armor, WHAT THE THE HECK YOU GUYS

Hello pdegan2814, 

May you reinstall the Nighthawk app and attempt to disable Armor again. Looking forward to hearing back!

Christian 

Message 2 of 9
gozmon
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk App keeps failing at trying to disable Netgear Armor, WHAT THE THE HECK YOU GUYS

I sympathise.  The Nighthwawk app is crap and I can't find a way to access fromthe Web GUI.  anyone else?  I can't wrok (Nighthawk blocking a Major US corporation)

Message 3 of 9
gozmon
Tutor

I reinstalled the Nighthawk app[... it still does not work.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be able to access the routers web page using a wired PC and web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net or what ever the gateway IP address is seen when a wired PC is connected to the router if it's in router mode. 

@gozmon wrote:

I sympathise.  The Nighthwawk app is crap and I can't find a way to access fromthe Web GUI.  anyone else?  I can't wrok (Nighthawk blocking a Major US corporation)

Message 5 of 9
gozmon
Tutor

Yes, "You should be able to access the routers web page using a wired PC and web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net or what ever the gateway"  BUT you can not turn off "Netgear Armor" from the web UI. 

Message 6 of 9

@gozmon wrote:

Yes, "You should be able to access the routers web page using a wired PC and web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net or what ever the gateway"  BUT you can not turn off "Netgear Armor" from the web UI. 

If you are connected to the browser GUI on a mobile device, as @FURRYe38 says it should enable all of the controls that you get with a wired browser.

The controls are identical here, using Chrome on an Android device with a local wifi connection. (In other words, not Anywhere Access.)

Does this mean that you can see the control but that ignores you when you try to disable the feature?

Your first message said:

I can't find a way to access fromthe Web GU

Access is is very different from control.

By the way, you seem to have hijacked someone else's conversation, which is naughty and against the rules. If you issue is not the same as the one about Armor put forward by @pdegan2814 you might like to start your own conversation.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe you have to disable Armor from the mobile app. It can't be disable from the routers UI. Once it's disabled from the app. Do a full power OFF of the router then back ON. Last resort would be to factory reset the router and setup from scratch and then dont' enable Armor.

@gozmon wrote:

Message 8 of 9

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I believe you have to disable Armor from the mobile app. It can't be disable from the routers UI. Once it's disabled from the app. Do a full power OFF of the router then back ON. Last resort would be to factory reset the router and setup from scratch and then dont' enable Armor.

Armor is certainly there as something that I can control in the Android app.

In my case Armor is off, but it sits there trying to persuade me to enable it, along with Circle.

R7000P RemoteR7000P Remote

This is on an R7000P. You won't see those options on a router that does not support those features.

It will also not be there on an R7000P with firmware that predates the support of those features.

At least, that is how it works on one Android device. A second Android is now going through what is known in technical circles as a hissy fit as it tries to work out if it is in local or remote mode.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7