Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App makes me "Resume" internet connection for my laptop everytime I turn the laptop on

xlxe5
Aspirant

Nighthawk App makes me "Resume" internet connection for my laptop everytime I turn the laptop on

Hello! For my laptop, I accidentally clicked "Pause" in the Nighthawk app, disconnecting the internet connection from it. I quickly realized my mistake, and clicked "Resume" and got connection back. 

However, now everytime I open my computer, once per day, I have to go in the app, and move the toggle from Pause to Resume so that my laptop can connect to the router. 

Is there anyway to resolve this, so that I don't have to go into the app each day to "Resume" the connection for my laptop, and instead for my laptop will automatically be connected to the router. 

Thanks for your help!

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk App makes me "Resume" internet connection for my laptop everytime I turn the

@xlxe5 wrote:

However, now everytime I open my computer, once per day, I have to go in the app, and move the toggle from Pause to Resume so that my laptop can connect to the router.

This can happen if your laptop is set up to "hibernate" the wifi hardware to save energy. It has nothing to do with the wifi from the router.

Look for something like this in the Device Manager in Windows:

Wifi adapter propertiesWifi adapter properties

Message 2 of 3
xlxe5
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk App makes me "Resume" internet connection for my laptop everytime I turn the

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, it looks like these are the only options available for me under network adapters --> properties:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7