Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App not allowing devices to be paused and shows 80 something not connected devices.

Jennobeans
Aspirant

Nighthawk App not allowing devices to be paused and shows 80 something not connected devices.

For the last 2 weeks my router has been showing anywhere from 40 to 90 devices on my screen but say not connected.  This shows on the Netgear computer screen and on the NightHawk app.  It also shows wireless connections that I can no longer pause the connection.  I have firmware v1.3.1.64_10.1.36.  Please help.  I have tried everything and I cannot pause the ones I need to.

Thank you

Jennifer

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9
Superdan186
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk App not allowing devices to be paused and shows 80 something not connected devices.

I have the same problems and also my brother Nighthawk AX8 same problems.

Anyone got it fix?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk App not allowing devices to be paused and shows 80 something not connected devices.

Hi @Jennobeans and @Superdan186, may I know what steps you've tried so far? Are the listed devices your devices that are currently connected to the network and show up on the web UI (routerlogin.com) as well?

Dexter

Message 3 of 9
Superdan186
Tutor

I think I know why maybe because the router is in AP mode. I have not try to disable AP mode see if it work.

Message 4 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Superdan186, thanks for responding. Yes, some router functions will be disabled when the device is on AP mode. More on that on the link below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30299

Dexter

Message 5 of 9
Fdinc
Aspirant

About 2 weeks ago, everything was fine with our router.  We moved it from one location in the house to another.  Since we moved it, it will not allow us to pause or block devices.  I guess it did an update but it will not go back to the way it was befre.  It looks like it could be paused but it won't allow it.  It used to show the names of some devices as well.  It doesn't at all now.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 6 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Fdinc, 

I would recommend factory resetting the router and running through the setup assistant again. You may also try reinstalling the Nighthawk app as well.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 9
Hassel
Aspirant

We are having the same issue AFTER the latest firmware update!

Message 8 of 9
Wardog92011
Aspirant

Well this company is greedy. I sent an email ticket the day before my “complimentary” tech support was to end. The woman on the chat tech through the nighthawk app was a moron. She wanted to close it and could t understand I’d lose the chat. Second apparently because my supper was to end, they didn’t feel they needed to respond to my ticket. All they want is your money, after that, screw you apparently. Not my fault I had issues so close to my expiration date. I shouldn’t have to purchase an extended warranty as I was still in my time frame. But I’m going to make sure everyone I know, knows to stay away from these people.
Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7