Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App not showing Connected Device

bulldog00
Apprentice

Nighthawk App not showing Connected Device

I have an MK83 System with an MR80 Router and 2 MS80 Satelites. I noticed with the latest Netgear Firmware (1.1.6.6) the router/satellites do not report the correct connected devices. All wired (regardless if wired to the satellites) only show up under the router; and the satellites show no connected devices at all (neither wired or wireless).  I have confirmed from the Web GUI that each appliance reports the connected devices correctly. 

I have tried several troubleshooting steps from rebooting, erasing and starting completely over several times, reinstalling the latest firmware, ensure APP and IOS are up to date.  This seems to be a common issue with others as well. 

I did roll back the firmware from 1.1.6.6 to what it came with (and was reporting in the app correctly) 1.1.4.6 and the app was reporting correctly.  However, with the MR80 there is no way from the Web GUI (IP interface) to disable automatic updates; thus overnight i would find the next morning the firmware would auto update to 1.1.6.6 and the app would then incorrectly report. 

Is there an update to a fix with a new firmware in sight? Alternatively, why are we not given the ability to disable automatic updates on the Nighthawk Mesh like other Netgear Mesh's allow? 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. This is the community forum where members of the public help out. we don't know firmware plans. Occassionally we get beta firmware to test but the MR forum is pretty bare in terms of people with the devices helping out. so you won't see much info on firmwares.

2. The orbi series doesn't allow the firmware update to be blocked. the MK series is supposed to be the only one that has the option of disabling auto-updates. Maybe @DarrenM can add this one to the inbox of bugs on that

3. do the connected devices show up properly if you use the browser to show whats connected? 

Message 2 of 4
bulldog00
Apprentice

Hi to address your comments. 

2. There is no where the MK series will allow for disabling auto updates that i can find. I have looked several times on the routers interface. 

3.  If i use the browse and connect to the router or satellite's interface using the IP address, the connected devices DO show up properly for each device/satellite in question. However, that is not reflective in the Nighthawk Application.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@bulldog00 wrote:

Hi to address your comments. 

2. There is no where the MK series will allow for disabling auto updates that i can find. I have looked several times on the routers interface. ----I don't have one to play with. Just from conversations with netgear that I'd heard it was the only mesh system that'd allow blocking updates. that could have changed recently. Or it could be a bug. Not sure since I don't have one to test. 

3.  If i use the browse and connect to the router or satellite's interface using the IP address, the connected devices DO show up properly for each device/satellite in question. However, that is not reflective in the Nighthawk Application.----Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen the app not displaying the connected devices properly. I'd wait/watch for app updates as they come frequently. Seems like they get the issue fixed and then the next update breaks it again. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7