Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App not working properly

titanicnut
Star

Nighthawk App not working properly

I have a Nighthawk CAX80 and am using the Nighthawk app on an iPhone XR, Samsung phone and 2 window laptops.

#1: The app only connects with anywhere access. If I try to connect locally it shows me the log in screen, thinks for quite awhile after entering my credentials and then logs in with anywhere access. Tech support says to wait for an update - there was one 2 weeks ago.

#2: Can’t turn on traffic meter because I can’t connect locally

#3: The app only shows 1 laptop protected with bitdefender but not the other laptop or the phones. Bitdefender is downloaded on all phones and laptops and logged in with the same credentials.

I have already deleted and re-downloaded the nighthawk app several times.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
titanicnut
Star

Re: Nighthawk App not working properly

I went and bought another CAX80 and the issues with the nighthawk app have been fixed

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@titanicnut wrote:
I have a Nighthawk CAX80 and am using the Nighthawk app on an iPhone XR, Samsung phone and 2 window laptops.

#1: The app only connects with anywhere access. If I try to connect locally it shows me the log in screen, thinks for quite awhile after entering my credentials and then logs in with anywhere access. Tech support says to wait for an update - there was one 2 weeks ago.
You'll need to keep checking for updates to the NH app. They do come out ever so often. 
Be sure that you have Wifi protected IP address disabled on the Apple phone as well:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Make sure you have local network enable on the Apple phone under the NH app under the app list under the Settings menu for the apple deice. I found that at one point that got disabled on my iphone at some point in a update and found it disabled. Needs to be enabled.

#2: Can’t turn on traffic meter because I can’t connect locally
Try enabled TM on the modems Web UI page. 

#3: The app only shows 1 laptop protected with bitdefender but not the other laptop or the phones. Bitdefender is downloaded on all phones and laptops and logged in with the same credentials.
Be sure your using Armor and not BitDefender. These are different and are no compatible if your using Armor. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Netgear-Armor-Not-Recognizing-Bitdefender-for-Armor-o...

I have already deleted and re-downloaded the nighthawk app several times.

Message 2 of 6
titanicnut
Star

Thanks for the reply!

I already have local access enabled for the nighthawk. I disabled the wifi IP in my phone.
** no change **

I turned on the traffic meter in the UI. It’s works now!!

From the nighthawk app it gives a link to install bitdefender. We installed the app it told us to download. The one laptop that shows up downloaded bitdefender same as the other laptop and the phones.
Message 3 of 6
marialopez1
Aspirant

It sounds like you're having some issues with the Nighthawk app and your Nighthawk CAX80 router. It seems that the app is only connecting with "anywhere access" and is not able to connect locally, causing issues with the traffic meter and the protection status of your devices. I would suggest reaching out to Nighthawk APK technical support again, as they have indicated that a recent update may help resolve these issues. Additionally, you may also want to try resetting your router and ensuring that your phones and laptops are running the latest software updates.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I guess wait for the next NH app update and go from there...

Message 5 of 6
titanicnut
Star

I went and bought another CAX80 and the issues with the nighthawk app have been fixed
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7