Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App not working

darp
Guide

Nighthawk App not working

I just finished setting up a second AX1800 4 stream wifi mesh extender in my house to cover my garage out back.

To do this I disconnected the first AX1800 extender so there would be no confusion as to which was being reconfigured.

After I set up the second AX1800 I closed the Netgear Nighthawk app and plugged the first extender back in. It started and functions as it should.

I want to test the wifi speeds in the garage and around the house, so I openned the app. For some reason it asked me to log in which, after the initial set up, I had never done before. I am certain I have the right password, but I can not log in.

You would think that the solution would be to reset the passwork.

However, when I hit "Forgot Password?" it asks me to log in!!?

How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 6
darp
Guide

Re: Nighthawk App not working

Perhaps I should mention the app is on an iPhone. I have deleted it and reinstalled a few times to no avail.

Message 2 of 6
darp
Guide

Wow! Support around here is non-existent. And after reading about other people's expereince with the app and this website I'm obviously working with a pile of garbage.

Warning to anyone who is thinking of making a Netgear purchase. Don't!! Look for a better product that is supported. Netgear is a money grab. Once they have got your cash they abandon you with their junk. You will regret ever having made the purchase, as I do.

And anyone who has been ripped off needs to let it be known on social media (as I will be) so that others can be warned about this unethical scam company. That way we can move our business to the those who sell quality products along with the support that is needed, and the scammers will drop off the face of the earth.

Message 3 of 6
darp
Guide

Here is yet another example of this companies incompetence. This is supposed to be a tech savy company and this is what their account login page returns!! Help yourself hackers.

{
  "stack": "TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined\n    at Object.validateReq (/cam_server_web/api/services/UtilityService.js:271:37)\n    at Object.wrapper [as validateReq] (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/lodash/lib/index.js:3282:19)\n    at Object.account (/cam_server_web/api/controllers/AuthController.js:472:24)\n    at wrapper (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/lodash/lib/index.js:3282:19)\n    at routeTargetFnWrapper (/cam_server_web/node_modules/sails/lib/router/bind.js:181:5)\n    at callbacks (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:164:37)\n    at param (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:138:11)\n    at pass (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:145:5)\n    at nextRoute (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:100:7)\n    at callbacks (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:167:11)\n    at alwaysAllow (/cam_server_web/node_modules/sails/lib/hooks/policies/index.js:224:11)\n    at routeTargetFnWrapper (/cam_server_web/node_modules/sails/lib/router/bind.js:181:5)\n    at callbacks (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:164:37)\n    at param (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:138:11)\n    at pass (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:145:5)\n    at nextRoute (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:100:7)\n    at callbacks (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:167:11)\n    at _sendHeaders (/cam_server_web/node_modules/sails/lib/hooks/cors/to-prepare-send-headers.js:91:7)\n    at routeTargetFnWrapper (/cam_server_web/node_modules/sails/lib/router/bind.js:181:5)\n    at callbacks (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:164:37)\n    at param (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:138:11)\n    at pass (/cam_server_web/node_modules/@sailshq/express/lib/router/index.js:145:5)",
  "message": "Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined"
}

Message 4 of 6
darp
Guide

Yet another horrable Netgear expereince. I went to https://nighthawkkapp.com/. An agent offered to assist. I shared my phone number. The tech I was connected with insisted that my devices are not functioning. They are. See the image. His main goal was to access my computer remotely. NO!! He was very pushy and ignorant. Working.jpg

Message 5 of 6

@darp wrote:

Yet another horrable Netgear expereince. I went to https://nighthawkkapp.com/. An agent offered to assist. I shared my phone number.

You have been conned. That site has nothing to do with Netgear.

Web searches can deliver results that scream "Netgear support" at the top but that turn out to be anything but. Using them can be dangerous, for your network and your bank balance.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that Netgear can do to protect people who let themselves get suckered into those sites.

New buyers have 90 days free support and can initiate a support call through MyNetgear.

If you login to mynetgear, can you see your router there?

MyNETGEAR | Login

If so, that is where to ask for support.

PS This might be useful:

SpellcheckSpellcheck

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7