Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App not working

Havasubum
Tutor

Nighthawk App not working

It took 2 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support to initially install my new router. The App NEVER worked not matter what I did. I kept getting "router not found" message on the app. In comparison the ORBI app works perfectly.

I called tech support 2 more times to get help with the app. After 2 more hours on the phone, the app still doesn't work. Since them I received 2 emails with support case notifications. That's it. Netgear's tech support is ineffective even though I spend money for the extended tech support for the router. What a joke!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
Tucson_Jim
Star

This has been a continuing issue with the app for the past several months. The latest router / app update has rendered the nighthawk app dead in the water. No matter what we try, the router will NOT recognize any sign-in from the app. We need to take the approach one of us recommended to use your device as a computer to sign into your router. I have successfully signed into the router with my MacBook, but remain unable to use the app or genie app. Seems after all these weeks, no fix is forthcoming from Netgear. Maybe they deem routers a few years old as obsolete. Not sure why, not like we can go out a replace them every few months. Easy to lose faith in the company. Need to weigh this in when considering a new router replacement though I still believe netgear makes superior products.

jim

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
Havasubum
Tutor

$260 plus is a lot to spend on a defective Wifi. I suggest Netgear replace it with one that works or I'll just buy a Linksys

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Havasubum,

Welcome to the community! May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
kenm4863
Aspirant

Same experience.  My RAX/AX5400 ran pefectly until the begining of March when they updated the firmware.  Several cases pending.  No responce.   Factory reset, manual config, wizard config, delete and re-install app on iOS and of course "rehboot you router plees sir" with no effect.  Are they in self destruct or are they working on the problem and not telling anybody.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
kenm4863
Aspirant

Worked perfect for me in February but last firmware killed my Nighthawk app.  Even when I rolled back a firmware it killed it good.  To bad it was perfect.

Message 6 of 7
Havasubum
Tutor

This router is a piece of crap. Mine NEVER worked. I sent it back. Now I'm waiting for a refund of my entitlement coverage. Netgear has HORRIBLE customer service.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7