Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App on iOS can't find Nighthawk X4S AC2600 D7800 in Australia

Nighthawk App on iOS can't find Nighthawk X4S AC2600 D7800 in Australia

As per the subject, is this normal?

I just updated to the latest firmware and it still doesn't find it.

Kinda ironic that Netgears App that's literally called Nighthawk can't find a Nighthawk modem/router Smiley Frustrated

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

*GROAN*

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, kudo's to you

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11

All Replies

Firmware 1.0.1.47
Message 2 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@lionheart_2281 wrote:

As per the subject, is this normal?

Yes, and nowhere in the world - not only in Australia.

@lionheart_2281 wrote:

Kinda ironic that Netgears App that's literally called Nighthawk can't find a Nighthawk modem/router

Indeed. However the Nighthawk App does currenlty only suppot selected [Ethernet] routers, no xDSL or Cable or Mobile or whatever other routers carrying the Nighthawk name. FMI: Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app?

In my opinion, you might be lucky and your router continues to be supported by the Netgear Genie App and Genie deskop programs - not sure why you are so keen on the "new" one - as Genie is ways ahead: Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app?

Message 3 of 11

Delete
Message 4 of 11

Message 5 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@lionheart_2281 wrote:
https://kb.netgear.com/000055505/Which-products-support-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app

Says it supports AC2600

Blame Netgear for their awful mess of product designations please. Your product model is D7800, Nighthawk X4S is some marketing designation, and AC2600 is a summed-up total wireless capacity. Silly but true, Netgear does also have a product model AC2600 - and this is what is referred.

Message 6 of 11

*GROAN*

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, kudo's to you

Message 7 of 11

@schumaku wrote:

@lionheart_2281 wrote:
https://kb.netgear.com/000055505/Which-products-support-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app

Says it supports AC2600

Blame Netgear for their awful mess of product designations please. Your product model is D7800, Nighthawk X4S is some marketing designation, and AC2600 is a summed-up total wireless capacity.

Not just Netgear. It is an industry wide malpractice to slap wifi "standards" on boxes to mislead customers. It doesn't help that those AC numbers of basically meaningless for most people.

The trouble comes when customers fail to see the model number on the box or on the label on the device itself.

Grrr.

Message 8 of 11

Mine has both AC2600 and D7800 on the bottom of it!

Message 9 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

Blame Netgear for their awful mess of product designations please. Your product model is D7800, Nighthawk X4S is some marketing designation, and AC2600 is a summed-up total wireless capacity.

Not just Netgear. It is an industry wide malpractice to slap wifi "standards" on boxes to mislead customers. It doesn't help that those AC numbers of basically meaningless for most people.

True, however it' very unique that Netgear does _also_ make models with that misleading model_ designator. There are not only Rxxxx (Ethernet WAN routers), Dxxxx (xDSL WAN routers and modems), Cxxxx (Cable TV routers and modems) - but also models designated ACxxxx (as per industry malpractice) _and_ then the also ACxxxx designated AirCard mobile network routers. On top of that come the Nighthawk Xxy designators, where again the same are used for Ethernet WAN and xDSL WAN. In one word: Not standardisation - and this is management responsibility. 

AC WiFi router and aircard.PNG

Message 10 of 11

@lionheart_2281 wrote:

Mine has both AC2600 and D7800 on the bottom of it!

But only one bit says Model:.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7