Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App stuck on login screen

Nighthawk App stuck on login screen

For some time I haven’t been able to access the Nighthawk app because it is stuck on the login page. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the router I even went as far as performing a full factory reset on my router before I was finally able to get to the screen that lets me reset the password without it kicking me out. I have confirmed that my password works when I reset it last night and got it working again until this morning, I can even access my admin account on web browsers with this password but for whatever reason, the app is not allowing me to get pass the login screen even after I set it to facial recognition when it was working. It keeps saying that my session has timed out sometimes before I have a chance to enter the password via copy and past. 😕 What am I missing here?
Message 1 of 8
Larry22222
Aspirant

Had very similar problem this morning. Turned off WiFi and connected with Anywhere Access.

Turned on WiFi and app worked fine.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for the suggestion, it was something I hadn’t tried yet. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. I also tried sending a screenshot video to show the process I was doing but this website doesn’t support the file type.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 8

It’s the R7000 AC1900 smart Wi-Fi router.

I purat chased it at a second-hand store, so there were bound to be a few issues that could have been wrong with it already, but so far it’s worked for what I needed to do. The app, however, has been giving me trouble for months now. I’ll look through the steps you provided in the link and try to figure it out, I’m not the most tech-savvy guy so I’m a little hesitant about trying this myself because it’s my first attempt to do this and I don’t want to get it wrong. Software isn’t my forte, my skills are much better suited for hardware.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya my R7000 was second hand as well. I haven't tried lately. Just when I saw this issue, that's the post I made when I found the way to get the app working with it. NG seems to change the app every so often and seems to break things rather than fixing sometimes. 🙄

Message 6 of 8

I tried to begin the process you recommended the other day, but now I can’t access the router website at all. (http://192.168.1.1/) every time I go to that page all it says in the top left corner is “Bad Gateway”
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure the PC is connected to the router.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7