Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App timing out after a firmware update to R7900P

nmara
Tutor

Nighthawk App timing out after a firmware update to R7900P

I have a Nighthawk R7900P and yesterday I updated the firmware, based on an email from Netgear.  Now when I try to access the Nighthawk APP, it tries to login and then I get "Logon timed out, please try again.  IF this issue persists, try rebooting your device."

I am still with the same ISP, Cox, but am not sure how to get this App to login now.  I have rebooted the Router and that works for a single time, however if I log out and try logging back in the same message applies.  I had this issue after the last firmware update, but cannot remember the solution.

regards,

Nat

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App timing out after a firmware update to R7900P

A factory reset of the router and then reinstalling the router. Sometimes firmware changes enough that old settings need to be cleared out. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If there's issues after a firmware update, a reasonable first step is a factory reset and clean install. By clean, I mean don't install from a backup configuration. 

Message 2 of 5
nmara
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you suggesting a reinstall of the router or just reinstalling the nighthawk mobile app?  I tried reinstalling the nighthawk app and it was more of the same 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

A factory reset of the router and then reinstalling the router. Sometimes firmware changes enough that old settings need to be cleared out. 

Message 4 of 5
nmara
Tutor

Thanks that did it.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7