Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk App won't save my wifi name change

Jeanh1969
Aspirant

Nighthawk App won't save my wifi name change

Just set up my router and wanted to change my wifi network names.  For each band it takes the information, says it's updating the router, then gives me a "failed to save" message.  What is the problem?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Jeanh1969
Aspirant

And now the app is timing out on login.  Slightly irritated with this system.  Yes, I have restarted my phone, with no improvement.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 3 of 4
Jeanh1969
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I have only this device, no router behind it.  As to the firmware, I don't know, but it is now not terribly important.  I deleted the app from my phone, and reinstalled it. The only thing I did differently from my first try was on my second installation I did not enable the fingerprint ID option.  This time around, no problem.  Change network names, passwords, etc., without a glitch.

I appreciate you following up.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7