Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App

aphexx0407
Guide

Nighthawk App

Good day. I am in need of help as I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I am trying to setup the Nighthawk app on my new phone but I am stuck and can't get past the screen where it asks for the Netgear Account login (screenshot attached).

I recently had my phone (Samsung S8+) replaced under warranty due to a fault and I installed everything back including the Nighthawk app. The problem is I can't get past the screen where it asks for my Netgear Account. I am putting the right email and password but it just looks like it's trying to log me in but then nothing happens. No message or whatsovere. I cant skip the step to go past the screen. If i click on back it would just take me back again to the Netgear Account login screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aphexx0407
Guide

Re: Nighthawk App

Good day. Got the problem sorted.

Clearing the cache and data did not fixed it alone though, had to Force stop then clear cache and data to get things to work.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@aphexx0407 wrote:
Good day. I am in need of help as I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I am trying to setup the Nighthawk app on my new phone but I am stuck and can't get past the screen where it asks for the Netgear Account login (screenshot attached).

What details are you feeding in?

The remote access feature works through a MyNetgear account. Do you have that set up and linked to your Orbi device?

Can you get into MyNetgear thorugh other routes? With a browser for example?

I recently had my phone (Samsung S8+) replaced under warranty due to a fault and I installed everything back including the Nighthawk app.

Did the app work OK on the old phone?

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aphexx0407,

Welcome to the community!

You may want to try and clear the app data and cache since that did the trick for some users who encountered the same issue. Let us know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 3 of 4
aphexx0407
Guide

Good day. Got the problem sorted.

Clearing the cache and data did not fixed it alone though, had to Force stop then clear cache and data to get things to work.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7