Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App

Trndkil3
Aspirant

Nighthawk App

When using the android Nighthawk app remotely or locally the device manager does not show a pause/unpause toggle for any device on my network. What is the problem? I have reinstalled and restarted everything on the network who knows how many times. All firmware is updated to current as well. I am at a loss....
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App

Looks like an interoperability issue with the Nighthawk App (looks like Android, exact version?) and the router firmware (exact version?).

When accessing the router Web UI on a browser -> Attached Devices ... are the devices shown correct (and not as "unknown")? Is the control available and working there?

@ChristineT another bug for the list...

Message 2 of 6
Trndkil3
Aspirant

My firmware version for my router is v1.0 1.50 and I'm on Android 9,One UI 1.5
All forms of logged into router have no option for toggle pause/unpause either from a browser, my phone, or the windows netgear app on my laptop. There simply is nothing to toggle.
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Just in case: The router isn't possibly operating in pure wireless access point mode?

You might want to try the unbiquitous Netger problem reoslution approach and do a factory reset of the router, and reconfigure from scratch and re-test. If this does not resolve the issue(s) - clearly a router firmware issue.  Why oh why I'm not wondering anymore about this mess @ChristineT ?

Message 4 of 6
Trndkil3
Aspirant

I'll try a factory reset and see what happens. I did notice that when trying to troubleshoot on the Netgear site they don't even show my router any longer so possibly they dropped support of it and in turn disabled that feature to get me to buy a new one?

Feels like when the new model of your current phone comes out.....you have problems with your old phone....the battery stops charging, drop calls, or you have to constantly reinstall or restart it to get working again. Seems like that kind of vibe.
Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@Trndkil3 wrote:
I'll try a factory reset and see what happens. I did notice that when trying to troubleshoot on the Netgear site they don't even show my router any longer so possibly they dropped support of it and in turn disabled that feature to get me to buy a new one?.

Not sure what you have noticed ... https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6400.aspx

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7