Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App

Jackerman
Follower

Nighthawk App

The Netgear Nighthawk app isn't working. When I try to login I get this error message every time: "Logon timed out, please try again. If issue persists try rebooting your device." Anyone have any ideas, or know who I can contact?
I have rebooted router, modem, and phone. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App

If you're on iOS, make sure to disable icloud relay and private mac/ip address. 

They can cause issues with the app. 

Message 2 of 3
pauly01
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk App

Nighthawk R6400v2 into Spectrum Hitron E31N2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 modem. Same issue with "Logon Time Out" error. Firmware automatically updated to v1.0.4.128_10.0.104, and the latest, reloaded Nighthawk app on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra v.2.19.0.2392. If the only solution is to Factory Reset the router, at least the only one I've found in this forum, then it would seem the issue isn't in the app but the firmware, or perhaps the firmware/app handshake/interface (I'm not a software guy).

I dread getting into a constant reset of the router at each update cycle^2 (a cycle for each of the router and app), only to have it broken again and the cycle repeats ad finitum. It's cheaper to throw out the router and buy a brand that actually delivers on their brand promise.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7