Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App

Sdeogburn
Aspirant

Nighthawk App

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed a nighthawk rax200 to my fios gig router.  Everything works great and the speeds are exceptional.  For some reason, the nighthawk app shows all attached devices but states that they are not connected to the network.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

Scott

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Nighthawk App

What is this fios gig router? Does it mean that you have two routers on your network?
Message 2 of 5
Sdeogburn
Aspirant

Hi

it's the standard Fios quantum gateway 1100 series, cable/modem

Message 3 of 5

@Sdeogburn wrote:

Hi

it's the standard Fios quantum gateway 1100 series, cable/modem

Not much help, but the "gateway" tag is one clue. It isn't a simple modem.

Google also suggests various possible model numbers. One that I found is for a modem/router. If you have one of these, with a  bunch of LAN ports on the back, you are running with two routers on your network. That can lead to various symptoms, including the one you described.

Two routers on your network can cause other headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If things are working OK, you have a couple of options, live with it, or reduce your network to one router. That means putting this gateway into modem only mode, or using the router as a wireless access point. Either option has knock-on implications that you might like to investigate.

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sdeogburn, this has been reported to the engineering team and is currently being worked on.

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7