Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App

JHGM
Follower

Nighthawk App

Hi,

I have an EX8000 along with the nighthawk app. Recently when signing into the app its keep asking for my admin password. I have phone netgear and they guided me to the process of factory testing the app, which I then had to change all my passwords.

That was all done 2 days ago. I have got my fingerprint credentials on for the app, but that does not seem to work. It keep asking for my admin password. I have just opened the app again and the same thing. I have tried every password you can think of along with my saved password on my iPhone password saver.

I do not want to factory reset the router again just to get a password and the other frustrating thing is that it has a button for if you forget your password and when I select it it takes me no where, but back to the admin password screen.

Does anyone know of this issue and can anyone give any advice or solution to this issue?
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk App

@JHGM wrote:

I have an EX8000 along with the nighthawk app. Recently when signing into the app its keep asking for my admin password. I have phone netgear and they guided me to the process of factory testing the app, which I then had to change all my passwords.

Lots of questions before anyone can begin to guess as to what  might be going on. What is this thing connected to? What else is on your network?

@JHGM wrote:
That was all done 2 days ago. I have got my fingerprint credentials on for the app, but that does not seem to work. It keep asking for my admin password. I have just opened the app again and the same thing. I have tried every password you can think of along with my saved password on my iPhone password saver.

Netgear makes life interesting by having all manner of passwords. There is the one into the router's controls, then there are those to get into the router's wifi, and then there any that you use to get into this Community and/or MyNetgear.

Different passwords pop up at different times, depending on how you connect to the device and where you are trying to access from, your local network or somewhere else on the Internet. (Previously known as Remote Access, that's now called Anywhere Access.)

If you are talking about access to the browser's graphical user interface (GUI), the router's controls, these are on the label for your device, along with the default wifi login details. The username is fixed at admin. The default password is password.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Nighthawk WiFi Routers.
(This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped providing manuals with devices some time ago, and some people don't find the on-line manuals.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7