Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mobile App

mwpopiel52
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mobile App

I have the Nighthawk app on my Android phone.  I recently had to change to a new phone and the app moved onto the new phone, but when I access the app it requires a login with the admin as the username.  What I don't have is the admin password and don't know how to get it.

Anyone else experience this - and if so how was it resolved?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk Mobile App

@mwpopiel52 wrote:

What I don't know is the admin password, how to get to it or how to get logged in to the app using the admin username.

The default admin password is password.

That is the password that you use when you log into the device using the admin username, be it through a browser on a PC or on wifi.

Have you actually tried that?

Using the app is a multi-stage process. First you have to connect the phone to the wifi. That really has nothing to do with the app. It is just the step that you have to take to use the phone for anything.

The next step is to login to the Nighthawk app. This is where you use the MyNetgear account. After you have done that, the app will remember you and connect to Anywhere Access. The fact that you have used the app on an older phone again suggests that you had already set up Anywhere Access.

The fact that you see the "admin" prompt suggests that you have already got that far.

I keep saying "suggests" because you have provide very little useful detail beyond saying "it doesn't work". Unfortunately, that is of little diagnostic value.

If "password" does not get you in, then at some stage you must have set your own password for admin.

You will either have to use "password recovery" to recover the password, or you will have to reset your router to get it back to the default.

You haven't told us which Netgear device you are using.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

it should be the password you use to log into your router through the browser. 

Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 9
mwpopiel52
Aspirant

I tried that and the password assigned by Netgear, and neither work.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

do you have a netgear account? is it trying to log you into the netgear account first? 

Message 4 of 9
mwpopiel52
Aspirant

I do have a Netgear account, but no it's not trying to log in the Netgear account.  What's odd is when I click on the app on my phone the username is "admin" and it won't let me change it to my username or email address.

Message 5 of 9

@mwpopiel52 wrote:

What's odd is when I click on the app on my phone the username is "admin" and it won't let me change it to my username or email address.

That is probably because you have got to the stage where the app is trying to get you into the router itself. You have got beyond the stage where the app is trying to connect you to the local wifi or to the MyNetgear cloud.

You cannot change the login for that form admin. It is fixed. The password should be the same one that you would use if you were trying to connect to the router with a wired connection from a PC. It is the one that it set to password by default.

That is the password that @plemans referred to "the password you use to log into your router through the browser". 

Your reference to "admin" suggests that you are not using that password to get in.

Message 6 of 9
mwpopiel52
Aspirant

What I don't know is the admin password, how to get to it or how to get logged in to the app using the admin username.  That's what I need help with - or how to get the password reset.

Message 7 of 9

@mwpopiel52 wrote:

What I don't know is the admin password, how to get to it or how to get logged in to the app using the admin username.

The default admin password is password.

That is the password that you use when you log into the device using the admin username, be it through a browser on a PC or on wifi.

Have you actually tried that?

Using the app is a multi-stage process. First you have to connect the phone to the wifi. That really has nothing to do with the app. It is just the step that you have to take to use the phone for anything.

The next step is to login to the Nighthawk app. This is where you use the MyNetgear account. After you have done that, the app will remember you and connect to Anywhere Access. The fact that you have used the app on an older phone again suggests that you had already set up Anywhere Access.

The fact that you see the "admin" prompt suggests that you have already got that far.

I keep saying "suggests" because you have provide very little useful detail beyond saying "it doesn't work". Unfortunately, that is of little diagnostic value.

If "password" does not get you in, then at some stage you must have set your own password for admin.

You will either have to use "password recovery" to recover the password, or you will have to reset your router to get it back to the default.

You haven't told us which Netgear device you are using.

Message 8 of 9
mwpopiel52
Aspirant

I did a reset on the Wi-Fi router, logged in with a different password and I am good to go.  Thank you for the suggestions...they were extremely helpful.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7