Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 Used/Already Registered - Don't need warranty just app access.

BDBuckner
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 Used/Already Registered - Don't need warranty just app access.

I purchased a Nighthawk R7000 on eBay in Jan of 2021. It has been running smoothly at my business since yesterday when it suddenly went down. Hoping to reboot the router from home, I opened the Nighthawk app and forgot that remote management is not available (from anywhere except "locally" for me for some reason) since I am the second owner. I had previously contacted Netgear upon purchase to see if could swap registration over to me and was informed that warranties could not be transferred. Granted, I did not request a warranty transfer; I only wanted to be sure that the previous owner of the router could not log in via the app and dig around in my network.

Anyway, having forgotten about being shot down by Netgear back in Jan 21, I was hopeful again, but realized the app is pretty much useless to me unless I am standing next to the router. Again, I don't need a warranty transferred. I assume that any warranty on this unit would have already expired. I merely want to put it into my name for "anywhere access" on an app. It also appears that there's no tabs to disable "anywhere access" or "app access" on the web interface.

My details:

Router: R7000

Firmware: V1.0.11.100_10.2.100 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Used/Already Registered - Don't need warranty just app access.

Try this? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/Registration-and-Un-Registering-produ...

If not you'll need to contact NG support for there help on this.

Message 2 of 4
BDBuckner
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Used/Already Registered - Don't need warranty just app access.

Thanks. Since Netgear doesn't consider it one of "my products," it doesn't appear in the list of products on mynetgear.com whenever I log in. So I am unable to unregister it or register it through the site. If I attempt to register it with the serial number, etc., I get "product already registered."

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

There's a contact in here you can email with your proof of purchase and to just let them you know its for registration only, not warranty. it takes a bit for them to get back to you so email and then re-email a couple days later if you haven't heard back. 

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7