Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7960 Remote Access Not Working

Thanatoast
Follower

Nighthawk R7960 Remote Access Not Working

Connected to my home network wifi on my Android phone running the Nighthawk app I go to Settings>Remote Management and touch "Enable Remote Management". The button turns green and pops up "Remote Management Enabled" and then the button goes back to off. It will not stay on.

I have tried rebooting the router, uninstalled and reinstalled the Nighthawk app with the same results. The router firmware is V1.4.1.50_1.3.10.

Additional (possibly related) issues:

- I've turned on remote management in the web interface (supposedly different from remote management in the app) and attempted to connect to the router from the internet (not on home network) and Chrome gives me ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. I am able to ping the router from the internet.

- When I resinstalled the Nighthawk app it turned on Netgear Armor (without asking) and I am unable to turn it off: Touch "Enable Armor" switch, which is green. It says "Disabling NETGEAR Armor" and a circle twirls around for a minute and the reports "Process is taking too long..."

My primary issue is my inability to turn on remote management in the Nighthawk app. What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thank you for reading and helping.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7960 Remote Access Not Working

1. Has it ever worked or is this a new setup?

2. What modem are you connected to? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7