Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8000 Parental controls by IP w/out bypass account (pretty big flaw/issue)

meltyface
Follower

Nighthawk R8000 Parental controls by IP w/out bypass account (pretty big flaw/issue)

Ok, I recently bought the Nighthawk R8000, and I'm pretty dissapointed with what it appears I am unable to do, so please let me know if anyone has a solution for the issue below.

I want to restrict websites / Keywords on my Kids 5 devices while still allowing unrestricted access to all of the adult devices.  I do NOT want to have to login to an app/program just to bypass everything, ie. Genie Bypass account.  At the very least is it possible to block websites for specific devices?  For example I would like to block Youtube on my kids computer but not on my phone, computer, and TV.  Thanks for the help, and hopefully a solution.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
rajis
Guide

Re: Nighthawk R8000 Parental controls by IP w/out bypass account (pretty big flaw/issue)

If you've successfully enabled Parental Controls on your router, you can set a default level of filtering you'd like and then for kid devices, go into the Network Map, select each device and change the level of filtering for that device specifically.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7