Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X10 Smart R9000 - Keeps resetting itself to factory default

hsry2626
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 Smart R9000 - Keeps resetting itself to factory default

Purchased on 12-Aug-2018.

Installed in September 2018.  While setting up the router, I noticed it would reset itself to factory default and did this twice while I was setting up router.  So I waited a while for firmware update and then tried to setup router again it seemed to take (didn't reset).

I had it up for a 2 weeks, came back from vacation only to find my home network going crazy (kept getting messages that my network was under attack).  After investigating, this router had reset itself back to factory defaults.

Having spent so much money on this router, I'm not happy with it.  It seems to be a piece of crap compared to other Netgear routers I've purchased in the past.  Is there any solution to this?  I have the latest firmware installed (1.0.4.12).

Help!!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
hsry2626
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X10 Smart R9000 - Keeps resetting itself to factory default

Just to note that I have already done a factory reset.  I have the latest firmware.

I've currently taken this off my network since it 1) causes my network to go under attack, and 2) resets itself randomly which is a huge security issue in and of itself if I can't rely on it not doing that.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X10 Smart R9000 - Keeps resetting itself to factory default

@hsry2626 wrote:

1) causes my network to go under attack

How, what atacks, ...?

@hsry2626 wrote:

2) resets itself randomly which is a huge security issue in and of itself if I can't rely on it not doing that.

Get a replacement device, probably broken.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7