Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4 R7500v2 stopped showing parent control for individual devices after firmware upgrade

gkumar48
Initiate

Nighthawk X4 R7500v2 stopped showing parent control for individual devices after firmware upgrade

I was using Netgear Genie app which showed me a notification to upgrade to the new firmware. After upgrade, the old genie software stopped working and asked me to use Netgear Nighthawk app to connect. To my surprise the new app does not have any way to change parent control settings for invidual devices which was done earlier.

Now I am stuck with some settings which I made before and there is no way to go back. When I call customer care, they say, first you have to pay before we can help. What a classic bait and switch program Netgear is running. First they ask us to upgrade and then disable some features and then ask us to pay to use those features, which were working before. Rather then acknowlidging the issue with their software upgrade, they are milking it to make money on the name of expired warranty.

Complain is going to BBB so that same thing is not happening to new customers.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X4 R7500v2 stopped showing parent control for individual devices after firmware upgrad

@gkumar48 wrote:

I was using Netgear Genie app which showed me a notification to upgrade to the new firmware. After upgrade, the old genie software stopped working and asked me to use Netgear Nighthawk app to connect. To my surprise the new app does not have any way to change parent control settings for invidual devices which was done earlier.

The firmware update killed the Netgear genie on a number of devices. At the  moment, the Nighthawk app does not support parental controls.

You have a few options:

• use the browser interface (or the desktop genie) to manage parental controls
  • use a browser on your mobile device manage parental controls
  • roll the firmware back to a version that supports the Netgear genie
  • wait for Netgear to update the Nighthawk app to  to manage parental controls

@gkumar48 wrote:

Complain is going to BBB so that same thing is not happening to new customers.

New customers won't have this problem because they get 90-days of "free" support.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7