Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app AND admin webpage NOT showing ALL connected devices on the network

LongFellow
Tutor

Nighthawk app AND admin webpage NOT showing ALL connected devices on the network

The Nighthawk app AND the admin webpage Basics > Attached Devices indicate I only have 3 devices connected. When in fact there are well over 15+ devices on my network. If I navigate to the Basics > Attached Devices > Access Control page on the web interface, I can see the full line of devices connected but I can only block or allow the devices on the network from that page. I'd like to be able to prioritze certain devices on the network and also see which devices are taking up the most bandwidth. This is all done through the Basics > Attached Devices page but because it ONLY recognizes 3 devices I can only manage these 3 devices. Because of this, I also don't know which wireless band my WiFi devices are connected to 2.4ghz or 5ghz. (except for the 3 it actually shows which 2/3 are on Ethernet)

I've completed these steps to get it to work temporarily:

1. Reset router to factor defaults.

2. Plugged in my PC only as the router booted back up and set up my network from there.

As I reconnected my devices everything started working, I could see and control my 15+ devices connected to the network. Then fast forward to not even four days later... The admin webpage AND the mobile app again indicate there are only 3 connected devices on the network. These issues occured around August 3, 2021 to which I remember my router had self-rebooted a few times.. I'm assuming now to apply a firmware update which seems to have broken the router admin page and the Nighthawk app.

Was asked to tag:

@Christian_R 

@DarrenM 

Current FW:  V1.0.11.126_10.2.112 

Other people are also having this issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Router-app-doesn-t-show-connected-devices/m-p/2126002...

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk app AND admin webpage NOT showing ALL connected devices on the network

Hello,

Can you provide the current app version you have installed and specify if it's iOS or Android. And please confirm your router model number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7