Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk app Error CDIL-API-FAIL

g3auto
Tutor

Nighthawk app Error CDIL-API-FAIL

I have an rax15 and am getting CDIL-API-FAIL when try to access the device manager. I am getting the error on both my iPad and iPhone. Have tried reinstalling the app and still get the error. I am on the latest version of firmware V1.0.2.82_2.0.52. I have restarted the router and still have the problem. This has been going on for a few weeks now, any help would be appreciated. Thx

Message 1 of 15

@g3auto wrote:

I have an rax15 and am getting CDIL-API-FAIL when try to access the device manager.

Local wifi? Anywhere Access?

@g3auto wrote:

I am on the latest version of firmware V1.0.2.82_2.0.52.

What hardware is this? It may be an R7800, but who knows? I'm afraid the firmware version doesn't help, as Netgear may well use the same number for different devices.

Message 2 of 15
g3auto
Tutor

It's an AX1800 WiFi 6 router and I am connecting via local access. I have been able to do this in the past without issue and everything else seems to be working fine.

Message 3 of 15

@g3auto wrote:

It's an AX1800 WiFi 6 router ....

Nope. Look at the label on the thing.

AX1800 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. I can see about half a dozen AX1800 in Netgear's repertoire.

Message 4 of 15
g3auto
Tutor

I did look on the label and provided the only 2 number model RAX15 and AX1800 see attached photo

Message 5 of 15

@g3auto wrote:

I did look on the label and provided the only 2 number model RAX15 and AX1800 see attached photo

RAX15 is the model number. The rest is just generic guff.

I know that this is an apps issue, but apps and firmware are tightly linked, so you might do better to take your question to the appropriate bit of this community. If nothing else, that is more likely to show if anyone else has reported the same problem.

That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 6 of 15
JDaddy
Guide

Same persistent CDIL-API-FAIL with RAX 20 and the device manager.
Message 7 of 15
rpmurph8300
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with a Netgear RAX50. Running firmware 1.0.3.96 and the mobile app is version 2.11.0.11. This is the first issue i've really had with the RAX50 and the mobile app.

Message 8 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I am looking into this issue and will let you know if I find a fix.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 15
rpmurph8300
Apprentice

Thanks Darren. If additional info or configured settings are needed let me know.
Message 10 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I found out this error happens when the APP believes the router is offline does this keep happening after a reboot of the router?

Message 11 of 15
rpmurph8300
Apprentice

Yea that appears to be the case on the RAX50 firmware V1.0.3.96_2.0.59. When i downgraded to V1.0.2.94_2.0.58 the issue doesnt appear to happen following a reboot. However, the acess control doesn't seem to be working when disabling/enabling device access from the app. Not sure if the access control issue is a nighthawk app issue or firmware issue. It's almost like the router isn't getting the command from the nighthawk app.

Message 12 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We have a bug capture built into the nighthawk app. What you need to do is replicate the issue you are having and when you see the error message in the app shake your phone side to side this should pop up a tool to allow you to report the issue and it will capture what is happening.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 15
yiyo825
Initiate

me too. i'm having the same problem i alreadt contact c/s n tech support but they want me to pay over 100 to assist me.

Message 14 of 15

@yiyo825 wrote:

me too. i'm having the same problem i alreadt contact c/s n tech support but they want me to pay over 100 to assist me.

How did you contact Netgear? Numbers found in a web search are almost certainly take you to a fake website that has stolen Netgear's images.

Invitations to pay money are directed through GearHead, and start at "Only $49.99 per incident*".

This place is free.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7